Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa for my wife (if they r already in Green card)

Toggle
Hi Friends,

This query I have posted twice.. If my wife is in Germany as GC and later left the work and want to convert her visa as dependent, but there is no response from anyone. Fine I hope no one has answer for this query.

And I have asked my Comany Managing Director, he said my wife has to visit India to get her dependent visa... Last week I have visited Auslanderamt in my place and could able to change my wifes visa as Dependent visa. They just asked me for latest Payslips(Gehalt Abrechenung) and Medical Insurance, thats all they asked and the work was done within 2 mins...

This is just to let u know all. U can do many works in Germany without visiting India... As I have heard from some friends, he got married and he invited his wife to Germany(on visiters visa) and got the Dependent visa in Germany itself. I don't know how he managed!!!

best regards,
VSK
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visa for my wife (if they r already in Green card)
Answer
3/22/04 8:47 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Dear VSK,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Some times we get mislead by the vague messages and better we should cross check especially in a foreign environment like ours.

Also my case is also similar to your case. Past 1.5 yrs she is jobless. but i would like to know if i change now as dependent visa, will she be eligible to get arbeitbereictung after 6 months or the jobless period as GC will not be considered? what is your main motivation of converting GC to dependent visa?

Thanking you again,

Regds,

KB
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/23/04 12:42 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Friend,

If your wife worked for few months or year, just wait for Unemployment fund from Government otherwise just convert her visa as dependent visa. Since your wife will have right to work after one year or so...

VSK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/23/04 3:44 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi VSK,

MY wife has not received any unemployment benefit and she left her job due to family. my concern is whether her jobless period is also considered for getting arbeitbereitigung or else she again has to wait for 2 yrs after changing her visa.

Any one has comment on this?

Thanks,

Regds,

KB
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18