Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Getting back your Pension

Toggle
Getting back your Pension
Answer
2/16/04 1:39 PM
Hi !
I know that one gets 50% of the social insurance he has paid if he returns to his country, after a waiting period around 2 years. Can anyone tell me what is the exact procedure for doing it ? I mean do I need to apply for it here in Germany or from the country which is your origin ? I think its a lot of money and everyone should be aware of his rights !
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Getting back your Pension
Answer
2/16/04 2:43 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Yes it is true. I believe most of us are aware when it comes to the "Money" issue....at least I am.

You can only apply at your home country (embassy) once you are back there. And after 2 years you get back your money (not social insurance, but your pension). But in this 2 years time, you are not able to engage with any business with Germany that you can be taxed under german's law (i.e employment).

I never think so far about it. :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/04 4:51 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Hi,
Just wanted to know, if we get 50% of our pension contribution or the complete pension contribution which we make to the system.i.e For example, if we pay 400? per month as pension and the company also pays 400? for u. Then do we get back this 400? or else 50% of this 400?.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/04 6:09 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
hi folks
By the way the minister president Stoiber anf his team are in India today.Specifically in Bangalore.It was wondering to know th
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/04 6:28 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
50% means 50% of your total pension contribution. For example if your salary is 55000 Euro you pay approximately 900 Euro. So you get back 50% of 900 which is 450 Euro. You cannot claim the other half since its contributed by the company.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/04 11:07 AM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
I think (not sure), someone has to find out that the 50% of total pension means: for eg
1. you pay 400
2. company pay 400
Total contribution is 800.

Thefore you get back your part of 400. (50 % of 800).

it is not 200 (50% of "Your total contribution, 400))

sk
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/04 4:51 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
I think its a reasonable guess (with almost certainity) that its 50% of your total pension. i.e, you get 400Euro not 200. Otherwise it would almost amount to "robbery" because
they are kicking us out from their pension scheme. Its also more viable for them to give us 50% of our share than to pay us 1500 Euro when we become old. Their pesion scheme is already under extreme stress with 20 million pensioners (in a country of 80 million) !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/04 6:12 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
The reason i asked the above question, was because once i spoke to the people at BFA and asked them about this info and no one gave me the correct answer. And infact one lady was also quoting that the money which we get back will be very less, hence i got a big doubt.And i cannot find the exact written info about this pension claims.One can also register in the BFA website with his social security number and request for the summary of the pension contributions from them.I did it also, and i got some docu's from them and they stated just how much gross income i earned for each year.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/04 7:21 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Could u give me a link to their website.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/04 8:59 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
www.bfa.de
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/1/04 3:02 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Anybody has the last info about this? I read somebody wrote here that it doesn't matter to get back pension even if we work more than 5 years in Germany. Is it true and which regulation can we look at? I now beware very much in clear regulations because it is our only "weapon" in front of bureaucrats...

Thanks,
EE

PS: Thanks for Jani, YO, DvD, and many others who gave me info about wife's work permit! I'm still fighting right now!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/04 11:33 AM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
@adna_f

Source: bfa.de (Change to English and read content, perhaps you would be able to find the following contents):

Refund of contributions in case of residence abroad

"If you are a foreign national and return to your home country, you may have your contributions to the German pension insurance scheme refunded under certain conditions. The refund can be made not earlier than 24 months after leaving the German compulsory insurance scheme. However, you should bear the following in mind: With the refund all entitlements lapse which are based on the German insurance periods completed so far."

Yes, you would only get your contribution back and not that part, which was contributed by your employer. "Nobody" has cleared this thing already.

This is your Right and so dont need any "weapon" :-))

GC
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/04 11:58 AM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Hi All,

I have visited BFA and cleared all doubts. As I am leaving this country after my long stay(6 yrs) in Germany. We would get only 9.5 % to 9.8 % of our gross salary(so it is our pension contribution) as pension. You can apply for this once you left Germany(next day U can do), but you will receive your pension only after 24 months(it is clear already). If you are an Indian, Germany doesn't have any agreements with India on Pension plans.. so you can get your pension even after 5 yrs of work.. (but it is not clear, since we can hear different voices from different people at Bfa).

So I am leaving few days before my completion of 5yrs pension payment. 1 + yr i worked for Indian company in Germany(so no pension contribution in Germany!!!).

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/04 3:44 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Hi *,

here are the links, where you can get the forms to be filled & forms-Info while claiming for your pension from your country.

1. Antrag auf Beitragserstattung
http://www.bfa.de/ger/ger_servicecenter.7/ger_formulare.73/ger_versicherung.731/v900pdf_a.pdf

2. Informationen zum Antrag
http://www.bfa.de/ger/ger_international.5/ger_broschueren.54/ger_54_nr26.pdf

Hope this helps to anyone planning/leaving,

GC
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/04 1:17 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
HI Srikanth,

Can you tell me how u could work for an Indian company without contributing to the pension and others in germany.

Lets say they offered you salary in India and an allowance in germany which is non taxable, how can you work here, on which visa.

Please help me regarding this, I need your help, I also have a similar offer

regards
Jackal.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/04 7:02 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Hi,

Initially I came to Germany on Workpermit(deputed to German branch) and i was given allowance as consultant for 1 year and later German branch recruited me as an employee.. so like that i worked on Workpermit for 3 years and later i left this company and joined in other German Company as direct employment(permanent) and they applied for my Green card which is valid for 5 yrs. So like that I have completed almost 6 yrs, but paid less than 5 yrs pension.. thats it...

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/05 5:19 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
I heard from a German Colleague whose department is going to create a new company and carve out from our company, that it is not interesting for him to join to the new company because all his pension contributtions will be lost.. This is due to a law that if you change your company before completing 10 years with the company you will loose ALL the pension contributions you paid during these years and start from zero. This 10 year limit was changed to 5 years a couple of years ago.. Has anyone got any more info about this topic.. Because it is really very worrying..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/25/05 6:27 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Hi,
this is only related to an additional 'Rente' which is paid by the company, so called 'Betriebsrente'. This has nothing to do with your normal social contributions, to your 'Rentenversicherung'.

Some companies pay this as a kind of bonus. In the case you mentioned, the 'Betriebsrat' of this company should take care that the 'Betriebsrente' will be safe, because it is only a daughter of the mother firm.

Ciao
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/26/05 5:19 AM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
"I think its a reasonable guess (with almost certainity) that its 50% of your total pension. i.e, you get 400Euro not 200. Otherwise it would almost amount to "robbery" because
they are kicking us out from their pension scheme."

In reality it could be considered a robbery anyways, but as everybody is happy and accepts the explanation of officials (that is, why 50% and not 100%) i guess i will keep silence on this subject
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/26/05 5:30 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Hi Everyone,

A Few Pension Questions, 'coz somebody is getting old !! emoticon

What happens to our Pension when we receive a NE after 5 Years ?

(i remember to have read somewhere that if you work for more than 5 years, then you are not allowed to claim back the Money ! True ? )

Suppose that i have secured my NE and have decided that i want to settle in Germany for good emoticon
What happens to the Pension that i payed during the time that i worked as a GC ?
Will it be counted for after i Retire ?
If it will be accounted for , would it be 50%
or 100% ?

What happens to my Pension if i leave Germany a few Years after getting my a NE ?
Will i be able to Claim my Money back ?

4.What happens to somebody's Pension when they have worked for less than 5 Years and want to leave Germany ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/26/05 7:52 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
@ adna_f,

What do you mean with 'our only weapon'?
it makes no sense, even if you has worked for 5 years, every months contribute 500 euro (employee part 250) then BFA has only to give back 250 X 12 X 5 = 15000 euro, it isn't a big money.
if in germany there are 1000 GC, the amount become 15 million euro. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/27/05 12:13 AM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
"if in germany there are 1000 GC, the amount become 15 million euro."

i would estimate the total amount to be around 60 million euro and i guess it is the main reason there is §46 Abs. 2 BeschV

of course it has to be understood that the local authorities are not responsible for the questions related to pensions and pension plans, therefore they understand 46 II BeschV in their own way ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott