Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

The GC Procedure - Question

Toggle
The GC Procedure - Question
Answer
3/21/04 5:41 PM
Hallo everyone,

I have a question and I will really appreciate if someone of you can help me.

At the moment I am making my Master Degree at RWTH Aachen in Media Informatics. Also I am working as a HIWI at Fraunhofer Institute.

My question is: How can I start my application for IT Green Card. What is the approximate procedure. And how long normaly will it take to receive the result of the application?

Thank you in advance!

Best wishes,
vatkov
0 (0 Votes)

Re: The GC Procedure - Question
Answer
3/21/04 8:06 PM as a reply to Dragomir Vatkov.
Greetings,

First you need to find a "job" offered by an "employer" to "yourself". If you find it in one of the big cities where Arbeitsamt employees have an idea of what GC is, the rest is very easy. Also ensure that with your Master Degree from Aachen, you may not need to use GC option for working in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/21/04 8:27 PM as a reply to Dragomir Vatkov.
"If you find it in one of the big cities where Arbeitsamt employees have an idea of what GC is, the rest is very easy."

otherwise he should print out this:

http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/it_argv.html

and point local officials to §4 of that regulation. however, it's only if he makes an application for a work permit before 31.12.2004.

"Also ensure that with your Master Degree from Aachen, you may not need to use GC option for working in Germany."

Der Zweck Ihres Aufenthaltes im Bundesgebiet ist im Rahmen Ihrer Aus- bzw. Weiterbildung vorübergehender Natur. Sie erhalten daher als Aufenthaltsgenehmigung eine Aufenthaltsbewilligung.
Mit Ihrem Aufenthalt wird regelmäßig die Erwartung verbunden, dass Sie Ihre Ausbildung mit dem gebotenen Nachdruck betreiben, in angemessener Zeit abschließen und anschließend in Ihr Heimatland zurückkehren, um die erworbenen Kenntnisse dort anzuwenden bzw. weiter zu vermitteln.
Ein Daueraufenthaltsrecht nach abgeschlossenem Studium (z. B. zur Erwerbstätigkeit) ist in der Regel ausgeschlossen.

http://www.uni-kassel.de/sik/ausl/Merkblatt_Auslamt.pdf

well if he has a worldwide-known name before he finishes his studies, then i guess he will not have any problems to work in Germany without GC-option. Otherwise it will be very hard for him to obtain a residence and work permit *lol* ;)

if i studied in Germany for five years, i would use GC-option and work for one more year as a GC-holder, then get unlimited work permit and unlimited residence permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/21/04 11:03 PM as a reply to Dragomir Vatkov.
"if i studied in Germany for five years, i would use GC-option and work for one more year as a GC-holder, then get unlimited work permit and unlimited residence permit "

If you are a student in Germany, you normally have "Aufenthaltsbewilligung" and the years you spend under this type of Residence Permit is not counted for the years that you need to get the Permanent Residence Permit.. *lol* :-)

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/22/04 9:07 PM as a reply to Dragomir Vatkov.
"If you are a student in Germany, you normally have "Aufenthaltsbewilligung" and the years you spend under this type of Residence Permit is not counted for the years that you need to get the Permanent Residence Permit.. *lol*"

true. accordingly to §24 Abs.1 Satz 1 Nr.1 AuslG. but you can get a permanent work permit after six years (+ 1 as GC). then you will have to wait all five years as a GC-holder before you can get a permanent residence permit. but at least you will finally get it if you've got your GC after studies in Germany; on the other hand, for the people which studied abroad and then came to Germany as GC-holders, such schema is not possible because they will not be able to get a permanent work permit ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott