Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Temporary resident visa ( Long Term Visa)

Toggle
I have apply for long term visa at Consulate for long term training, they issue me visa type “D” and valid for 90 days and inform me that I should get resident permit at local Authority.

My question is:
Where should I apply for resident permit?

And how long does this resident permit is valid?

Do they issue for one year resident permit?

With having a temporary resident permit can I travel out of Germany and come back? (Is resident permit it same like multi entry visa?)

Would it appreciate if some (may be Mr.Detlef) can help me to answer those question.

Thanks
Parth
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Temporary resident visa ( Long Term Visa)
Answer
9/23/04 8:23 PM as a reply to Parth Patel.
Hi
answers start with "->"

Where should I apply for resident permit?
-> Auslaenderbehörde, but first you have to register(Anmeldung) yourself in the german city that you start to live in. This is done in Bürgeramt or rathaus depending on the size of the city. Usually ausländerbehorde and anmeldung stuff are in the same building.

And how long does this resident permit is valid?
-> It depends on your purpose of stay and the mood of the officer in Auslaenderbehorde :-)

Do they issue for one year resident permit?
-> See previous answer (But most of the time you get "at least" one year residence permit, if you can show the papers for your purpose of stay)

With having a temporary resident permit can I travel out of Germany and come back? (Is resident permit it same like multi entry visa?)
->YES
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/04 1:09 PM as a reply to Parth Patel.
Thanks Lacrima,

One more question Is temporery Resident permit is like a I. D. card? or it is a another type of visa that stamp on passport?

How long does it take to get this permit ones I apply for that?

Thanks
Parth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/04 3:14 PM as a reply to Parth Patel.
Hi Parth,

"One more question Is temporery Resident permit is like a I. D. card? or it is a another type of visa that stamp on passport?"
-> It is stamped on your passport, it is not an ID card. It looks like a visa but its colour is red and not green like a visa.. :-)

"How long does it take to get this permit ones I apply for that?"
-> I took mine in 10 minutes after presenting all my papers.. :-) They stamp it pretty quickly on your passport.. :-)

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3