Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Immigration law article

Toggle
Immigration law article
Answer
1/20/04 2:39 PM
Hi Damen und Herren

I found an article in DW about the glorious freezed immigration law:

http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,1430_A_1091054_1_A,00.html

This is an overview with some comments not so happy.

Just for the records, more than one time is mentioned the "Lack of enought qualified experts" that all the politician from all the colours remark, but no compromise at all.

Annoying isn´t it?

Regards

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Immigration law article
Answer
1/20/04 6:30 PM as a reply to YO 1.
Interesting article. It is really amazing how a "developed" country like Germany is unable to go through with a necessary reform in favour of a conservative myth of putting immigrants (even qualified) against unemployed.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Immigration law article
Answer
1/20/04 8:34 PM as a reply to YO 1.
Hi,

My gut feeling is that as long as you are needed by your company when your GC expires, you'll be allowed to stay. However, just to stay indefinitely might not be acceptable to people with families and children. By the time my GC expires (less than 2 years), my two children would have spent most of their lives in Germany. To me it doesn't make much difference where I go from here, but I guess it would matter to them.

Germany has a history of bad immigration policies, that have "distroyed" many gastarbeiter's families over the past 40 years or so.

As the above article says, Germany has problem of emmigration too. I am comming from Australia and many Germans think I am mad to come here. Many of them dream to emmigrate to contries like Spain, New Zeland, Australia, Canada and USA.

So the politicians must make the initiative and do the right steps to help their own people today.

a chicken without a nest
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18