Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Help needed for 2nd round Interview

Toggle
Answer
8/2/04 6:11 PM
Hello everybody,

Last week I attended for an interview as J2EE-developer. Company's M.D, Software department head and HR department took an interview which as about 3 hrs long.

Now they have invited me for a 2nd round (they call it test-day) which is supposed to long for a complete day. When I asked them on that day they told it was not an exam, just test-day, expermenting everything.

Other than me, 2 candidates will be attending the test-day out of which may be one will be selected.

Can anyone give some suggestions or imaginations of what could be asked on that day and how it can be.

(Technical interview is also over on the first round itself)

Thanks in advance,

Viswatez
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/3/04 1:23 PM as a reply to Viswatez Repakula.
Hello,

Could anyone please tell me what a test-day interview means? If someone could answer.......it would be of great help to get a job for me.

Plz........
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Help needed for 2nd round Interview
Answer
8/3/04 3:21 PM as a reply to Viswatez Repakula.
Hi Viswatez,

I would recommend you to go to a bookstore and spend some time reading the "Beruf/Bewerbung/career" books, and then buy the one you like the most, because the topic is extense, and there are a lot of small details that you should take into account.

The main advice is, however, that they will keep an eye on you the whole time, it is not only your skills that they are testing but you as a person, how you get along with your colleagues, and even with the other two that will be there. So it goes about your team playing skills, your personality, etc.

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/3/04 3:30 PM as a reply to Viswatez Repakula.
Yo Viswatez,

It all boils down to this..........

You need to show them that you are what you say you are on paper, but not just tech things, also things like working well with others etc..... If you did not exaggerate what you know and can do on your CV, then the so called "test-day" will not be a problem. I mean, you can look at books and try to prepare, but that will only get so far and not far enough. You should already be prepared. For this day, you have what it takes or not........... Whatever you do, cool dude always says, just stay cool and everything will work out for the best!

Later,
Cool Dude
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/3/04 3:32 PM as a reply to Viswatez Repakula.
Hi Viswatez,

I had something like that last June, except that it wasn't for a day but for a complete week in Hamburg.

During this "test-day", you will be given some assignements according may be to the project you will be supposed to work on, or on some specific tasks, that you will have to accomplish. For this part, what they will want to see from you is the way to adapt to their technologies, proposal you can give for improvements (I had had a complete day of brainstorming which went quite well) and your technical skills.

There will be also the social character that will be watched, that means the way you will interact with the others, the way you will behave under some circumstances (during my day, they intentionnaly triggered some kind of quarrel with a fellow to see how I was going to handle that).

So this can be your lucky day, or your worse day.

As it is said, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/3/04 4:01 PM as a reply to Viswatez Repakula.
Thanx a lot for ur important suggestions and great replies.

So, on a whole, a bit summarizing the points.

1. If we haven't boasted anything about ourselves, and do what we said previously to them and stand up to our resume along with words, it would prove worthy.

2. Tackling people, working in Team, taking suggestions, participating and behaviour would be counted a lot.

3. There is a chance that a task will be given to us either team or individually and check back our skills.

So, if a task is given to be solved, how much technical importance does it has ? For example, is finding the solution to the problem considered greater than your team-participation ?

Viswatez
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/3/04 4:07 PM as a reply to Viswatez Repakula.
don´t forget to study ALL the information concerning to the company. Everything is important (when the company was founded, main headquarters, parners, products). Also, be prepare to typical and hard to answer questions like "describe yourself as a person" "tell us your major weakness", "how do you see yourself in 5 years" and so on.

In group tests, show that you have iniciative.

Also, always smile!

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3