Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Information needed for "Working holiday Visa" in UK

Toggle
hi guys,

Frist of all I would like to thank one and all for actively partcipating in this site. I came to know lot of things from this site.Now I would like to get information for myself.Please give me suggesitions.

I am graduating MS in this month. I would like to apply for WHV (Working Holiday Visa) in Uk. I need couple of information about this visa.

1) where do i get the necessary forms. Is there any site where I can download the forms.

2) What are the documents do i need to produce

3) howmuch bank balance do i need to have

4) can anybody give web site of UK consulate, Düsseldorf

5) important---- To get WHV what type of visa do i need to have here. and howlong i should have. Is there any minimum period.Because, my student visa will be expired in this month. may be I get one more month visa .i.e till 30th Nov. After that I can have job suchen visa for 3 months. Can I apply WHV with job suchen visa here. Somebody told me that it will be rejected if i apply with job suchen visa here. If i apply now with one month student visa in hand, will I get WHV. Please suggest me in this regard.

6) What do they ask in Uk consulate for this visa. what to say them and what not to say them.

7) Generally in what circumstances will it be rejected.

waiting for your reply..

Santosh
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Information needed for "Working holiday Visa" in UK
Answer
10/21/04 2:21 PM as a reply to Santhosh Kotha.
Here are you answers:

1. In UK embassy Duesseldorf homepage. This is anormal visa application form.
2. you original educational documents, your work certificates ( if any), bank statement of around 4000 Euro( it's my suggestion). You should also get a letter from your university stating that you are a student of the uni ( do not submit this if they do not ask).
3. see ans 2
4. as you have found trust 7 website, you should also get the website of UK embassy in Düsseldorf. emoticon
5. To get WHV, generally the visa officer does not consider your visa duration in Germany. You need not worry about this. You can apply for this visa right away. Do not listen that much to "SOMEBODY".
6. Look for some job sites in internet in your field. You can tell the visa officer that you are searching jobs in internet and you want to go to UK to search and to do a job. You should also tell him that you will also make holidays in the UK during your stay over there. That's the thing you can tell.
7. I know many of my friends including me have got succeeded for WHV. Only one guy was refused as he was married and his wife was not in Germany.

Good luck.

MK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 6:56 PM as a reply to Santhosh Kotha.
thanx a lot Mk for ur info...I have one more question..In the VAF 1 form there is a question about receiving income from other sources like friends or family...Do I need to produce any proofs as I am getting support from my family...Ofcourse I will show my bank balance...But still do i need to produce any proofs..

santosh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 7:13 PM as a reply to Santhosh Kotha.
just write down if you receive money from your parents. you can keek the documents for the proof. but i would suggest not to show them unless they ask for this.

good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 8:10 PM as a reply to Santhosh Kotha.
Hi MK and Santosh,
I too was searching for info. reg WHV and to apply for this type of visa u have to fill Working Holliday Questionnaire and u could see it in this link :
http://www.britischebotschaft.de/en/consular/visas/working_holiday_questionnaire.pdf
I am bit scared to answer for the below Questions so to avoid visa rejection what kind of Answers could i provide with!!!!!

1. How long do you intend to work in the United Kingdom?
2. What type of work do you intend to take in the United
Kingdom?

3. Is it like this....based on the above two answers i would be stamped visa with a work permit of above mentioned intended duration and type of work in my passport?
4. Would it be a problem to my visa if i give details of my friend in UK in VAF1 and say that i would accomdate with him till i get new apartment?

Thanks,
Kish
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 8:26 PM as a reply to Santhosh Kotha.
1. How long do you intend to work in the United Kingdom?

--> upto two years. it would be nice to good experiences from UK to excel my career. after returning home from the UK, i will definately be able to find a very good job in my own country making use of the experience gained over there.

2. What type of work do you intend to take in the United
Kingdom?

-> ofcourse the type of work should match your previous education and your work experience.

3. Is it like this....based on the above two answers i would be stamped visa with a work permit of above mentioned intended duration and type of work in my passport?
--> WHV is a restrictionless work permit and validity is for 2 years! you can do any kind of jobs from restaurent onion cutter to Roles-Royce CEO. emoticon

4. Would it be a problem to my visa if i give details of my friend in UK in VAF1 and say that i would accomdate with him till i get new apartment?

--> no problem. it would be good to write.

i think you should choose your own answers. i can only suggest you some sample answers. it does not necessarily mean that you will definately be successful. what i want to say is that do everything according to your own judgement. we people can only suggest you.

have funs!

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 8:28 PM as a reply to Santhosh Kotha.
@Kish

i'm sorry that i can't give you the e-mail ids of my friends who go WHV.
i hope you can understand me.

cheers,

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7