Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Niederlassungerlaubnis - help needed

Toggle
Niederlassungerlaubnis - help needed
Answer
8/13/04 1:57 PM
Hi All,

I am a Doctorand at an Automobile giant since last year. I would like to apply for a Niederlassungserlaubnis (NE) in the next january. I have a limited contract upto two years which is extendable. Today I have talked with my company HR lady about gaining a NE. I have showed her the copy of new ZuwandarungG and asked her to comment about §19 (1) and §19 (2) (2). She told me that I can be provided a letter from the company stating that my work is similar to the requirements of §19 (1) , (2 (2)) ( "wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter in herausgehobener Funktion"). She can also write that after two years of work here, it is extendable.

I need to know my posibility of getting a NE as I have some other opportunities. And I have to be clear about getting a NE by October, 2004. If my possibility is highly probable, I will wait until January.

Now my questions are:
*Could you please comment on my case - how is my chance here?
*Should I contact a immigration lawyer to know the possibility? Will it be helpful?

Please give me your suggestions.

Thank you.

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Niederlassungerlaubnis - help needed
Answer
8/13/04 2:29 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
Hi Mk

I think nobody know for sure what will happen.

If you are considered "wissenschaftlicher....." starting from 1.1.05 you will get a NE.

But you know what are the considerations to be considered "wissenschaftlicher ..."? No and also we don´t know.

Surely this will not be so easy. Maybe in addition to your Doctorandstelle you will have to prove you are involved in a research project, I don´t know.

But overall, my fear is somebody with lesser or no knowledge of what you are and what you do will decide if you are included in this category or not. I guess this decission will be taken in the Auslanderbehörde and this bothers me. The people I met in those places was not the highest skilled people in Germany and those people will decide if you are a researcher or not? Traurig oder?

If is not so problematic for you, can you please give me your email? I would like to know more about Doctorandstelle. I work in a small firma but ín fact I´m working for three Automobile giants.

Regards

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/13/04 2:54 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
Hi Yo,

Thank you for your reply. As a matter of fact my work is well defined in the company. I need to develop a new system. This is definately a research project. I have to make research to provide a new concept to solve a problem in passenger cars. Then I must implement the new concept to develop the system. My working area is well described in the Vertarg.

Here is my e-mail:

weimarer@hotmail.com

regards,

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/13/04 3:12 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
No. I don´t mean that.

I´m sure you make research job. But for the German government and in some cases, the requirements are you have to participate in a funded by Germany research project or in a accepted for the government research project or in a Research Center of Germany and not in a company.

Of course all the big companies make research. But sometimes this research doesn´t benefit to the whole comunity and not only a firma.

In former times (when I was researcher) the projects to be recognized (and also the people working on it) was to be funded or accepted by the superior German Research Ministery.

But, as I told you already, nobody knows now.

Thanks the email, I´ll write you

Bye

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/04 6:32 AM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
hallo

I have a similar question at the moment i am a student doing my master in germany
and i have a chance to continue with a doctor stelle for three years in the university is it possible for me to get NE
or should my contract be unlimited and also pass the 84k limit

thanx
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3