Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Answer
6/12/04 2:06 PM
Hello friends,

Could anyone please tell me how important it is to go to Ausländeramt after losing the job and register yourself arbeitslos. After getting arbeitslos 5 months back, I received an email from ZAV in Bonn informing me to go to Ausländeramt. But I did not do it thinking that they would reduce my Visa. Now, reading the previous posts on this Site, I fear that my Visa is no more valid because I am jobless. btw. I am entitled for an arbeitslosengeld for a period of 1 year which I am receiving.

What should I do now?

Thanks.
Placra.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: New topic
Answer
6/14/04 9:47 AM as a reply to peter lacra.
whether your residence permit is valid or not, depends on conditions printed out in your residence permit. if it is written there that your residence permit is valid only as long as you have a job in Germany, then it's invalid once you have lost your job (unless you launched a legal dispute vs. your last employer because you do not agree with cancellation of your work contract - if you did, it's valid until a legal dispute is over, even if you do not have a job).

normally i would not go to immigration office even if my residence permit is invalid if immigration office does not react first, just because they do not have information who has lost their job and therefore will not do anything until they get such information from other officials. but considering that ZAV sent you an email without you asking them (correct?) i would proceed carefully here, just because ZAV can send some info to an immigration office; probably they even are obliged to do so now. i would suggest to write them back and say that you were sure that your residence permit is valid during 5 years regardless of your employment status, ask them in the same letter about your rights in terms of duration of residence here in Germany while you are unemployed.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: New topic
Answer
6/14/04 12:49 PM as a reply to peter lacra.
Thanks for your reply Trusday.

On my residence permit it is not written that it would end if my job ends. What is written is that I can not do any selbstaendig work or business here.

You are right. ZAV sent me a mail without me informing them about my losing the job. I guess they got the info from the Arbeitsamt of my town. But ZAV sent that mail more than 5 months ago to me asking to go to Immigration office. And I did not comply with it. Now, I dont know what I can tell the Immigration office why I register so late.

Thanks.
Placra.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3