Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

What are the Rights?

Toggle
What are the Rights?
Answer
10/21/04 7:38 PM
PLEASe someone send me links as to what are my rights if i get a Permament Residency in this country..Do i necome a EU Citizen..
PLEASe mail in
0 (0 Votes)

Re: What are the Rights?
Answer
10/21/04 7:51 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
As far as I know the biggest advantage is that your work permit is not limited to one particular company and one particular sector (like IT), you can also work for example as freelancer. Furthermore they cannot kick you out immediately if you are unemployed. Permanent residence has nothing to do directly with citizenship. If you have legal residence in Germany for eight years, speak German, have work and so on, then you can apply for German citizenship. Prerequisite is however that you abolish your "old" citizenship.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 8:01 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
PR or NE allows allmost everything but with Einbürgerung you are really EU citizen and because of that you get Citizen watch.
Just kidding. emoticon You get right to work any job anywhere in EU.
Some tried to accept the law that allready after 5 years one has to get those rights but it did not got trough EU Parlament.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 8:04 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
I appreciate some feedback on the state of affair

1) When can we be sure that all existing GCard holders will become permanent residents by 1st Jan 2005? I would take this point to thank YO1 and DvD for constantly keeping us up-to-date

2) What is the difference between a Germany permanent resident and citizen from e.g. UK in term of looking for a job e.g. at Holland. Is it true that there is a requirement that a German permanent resident must not leave the Germany not more than 6 months straight but the guy at UK can.

3) As a German permanent resident, can he or she move to and stay and perhaps work at another country e.g. France ,and and then move back to germany within a 6 months period to keep the permanent residency?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/22/04 12:49 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
so as far as i can understand ....i can have a permanent residenship and enjoy the job benefits .....and what about my children do they still have to carry a indian passport ...even if they are born in germany?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/22/04 1:03 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
now yes
but later, no
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/22/04 8:26 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
if as a PRer, for how long one can be absence from the country wihtout PR status will be canceled? If one with PR and unemployed then go back to home country, what happen?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/04 2:06 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
no one care to share some info?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/04 2:21 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
"if as a PRer, for how long one can be absence from the country wihtout PR status will be canceled?", can't really understand the question but if you're asking how long an absence can affect your PR, it's 6 months. If you're out of the country for 6 months, you loose your PR. Unless you're still angemeldet.

"If one with PR and unemployed then go back to home country, what happen?", same as above, you still have your PR if you stay there for less than 6 months and come back here.

But you know, you can just come and show your face, that's enuff, but at your own expense: I got a US friend who really loves to be here, you know what he does? As he is allowed to stay here for 3 months without the trouble of getting a visa, he goes back to the US every 2 months and 29 days, just a round trip and the trick is done :-) He does that since 2 1/2 years now.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/04 2:22 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
no one care to share some info?

Its the fact that no one has a concrete idea about this, But lets take the example of US green card, recently they have announced that no Greencard holder should be out of the country for more than 365 days, the same or similar thing is also for Canada , so for germany it would also be some thing similar and to over come this you need to enter the PR country after certain time atleast for spending some holidays and that would solve your problems.

Others are welcome to comment on this.

regards
Jacakl.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/04 4:46 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
Section 51 Termination of the lawfulness of residence; continued validity of
restrictions
(1) The residence title shall expire in the following cases:
6. if the foreigner leaves the Federal territory for a reason which is not of a
temporary nature,
7. if the foreigner leaves the Federal territory and fails to re-enter the Federal
territory within six months or within a longer period set by the foreigners authority,

a visa issued for several entries or with a period of validity in excess of three months
shall not expire in accordance with numbers 6 and 7 above.

(2) The settlement permit of a foreigner who has lawfully resided in the Federal
territory for at least 15 years and the settlement permit of his or her cohabiting
spouse shall not expire in accordance with sub-section 1, nos. 6 and 7, if the
aforementioned persons' subsistence is assured. The settlement permit of a foreigner
cohabiting with a German as his or her spouse shall not expire in accordance with
sub-section 1, nos. 6 and 7. On request, the foreigners authority at the place in which
the foreigner was last ordinarily resident shall issue a certificate confirming the
continued validity of the settlement permit.
(3) The residence title shall not expire in accordance with sub-section 1, no. 7, if the
specified period is exceeded solely on account of the foreigner carrying out
compulsory military service in his or her native country and the foreigner re-enters the
Federal territory within three months of discharge from said military service.
(4) A longer period will generally be granted pursuant to sub-section 1, no. 7 if the
foreigner intends to leave the Federal territory for reasons of a temporary nature and
is in possession of a settlement permit, or if the stay outside of the Federal territory
serves the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/04 5:37 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
So you can always ask for more than 6 months if you need it.
If you get Citizenship after 8 years you can get your Citizen watch...
no, no, that was a mistake, I mean, you can stay whole life out of Deutschland if you want, and you will not lose Citizenship.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/04 5:39 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
DVD has something to do with Citizen watches....

Even in your other posts i saw this, so when time permits explain us the relation.

regards
Jackal.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/04 6:11 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
Sure.
I prommised me to reward me with Citizen watch when I get PR or Citizenship. Because of that I allways think of watch when I speak of Citizenship. And then it just slips out. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/27/04 3:56 PM as a reply to Manfred Baksh.
thanks for the replies. I think I can almost confirm that if I have PR , as long as I stay here, or come back every 6 months i'll be fine with the status.

So how do they track you? when you enter the air port?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott