Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Working in Germany without GC

Toggle
Working in Germany without GC
Answer
6/1/04 3:29 PM
Hello,

I am a non-EC resident in Germany. I am in student status. I want to know is there any possibility to work full time in Germany without Green Card. My company offered me(where I am presently working as a student) full time job but unfortunetely arbeitsamt rejected my GC application saying offered salary is less than the minimum requirement for GC. I will be very thankful if anyone suggest me any other possibility to work atleast for one year(probably then I will be eligible for getting GC) without GC or any other solution for my problem. Thankyou

regards
IK
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Working in Germany without GC
Answer
6/1/04 4:13 PM as a reply to Indu Kumar.
To apply for GC should have min of around 40K (approx) per year.
But in case u r higly qualified (acc to arbeitsamt definition ) then u don't have any salary constraint.

But other possibility is to go for normal work permits.
I am suggesting u because I know one person who is working as an asst to a professor in a universitiy on 2800-3000 € per month.
And he is on a work permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/1/04 4:22 PM as a reply to Indu Kumar.
Hello uttam,

Thanks for your reply, but I dont know the process to get normal permit either, in fact i know nothing about this. Could you please explain me, how to apply for this normal work permit and how do i get it. Thanks

regards
IK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/1/04 5:59 PM as a reply to Indu Kumar.
Hi
Your company is supposed to apply for the normal work-permit,
not you !

There should be some sort of form in Arbeitsamt to apply for it..
I guess..

but it is a long process which includes the control of an available
person in EU who might be suitable for that position.

I didnt personally go through such a process but people who did
claim that it is a 1-2 month process..

If new Immigration law gets accepted(should be effective at the beginning
of 2005, if all goes well), there may be different chances for you.
Please see other discussions regarding new immigration law, if you are interested in details..

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/1/04 6:10 PM as a reply to Indu Kumar.
Hi IK,

Any workpermit should be applied by a company on ur behalf.
They must know the process and not you.
Generally in arbeitsamt they have to prove that they are not getting any suitable employee since 1-3 months. Then arbeitsamt accept their application.

Some companies, to overcome this problems/issue do like this.
They post a permanent ad on some job sites and use it an excuse or reason.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: PR after 5 years??
Answer
6/2/04 2:56 PM as a reply to Indu Kumar.
Hi guys,
once again I went to the Rathaus to ask about the conditions to get the PR (unlimited/permanant residence) and the woman told me that I should be still in my job after I finish the 5 years!! This is actually a problem for me coz my contract finishes exactly at 5 years limit and I can not extend it ( internal extension limitations in my company), so when i exactly finish my 5 years (2006), I will be also finishing my contract and so it will be impossible for me to get the PR (as i understood)...
Any ideas guys or any further info about this???
Thanks a lot
zash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/04 3:34 PM as a reply to Indu Kumar.
Zash,
Take it easy, keep cool..
Wait for the new immigration law.. keep your fingers crossed..
we all very well know that with the current law, it will be hard time for GCs to get the PR..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/04 11:20 AM as a reply to Indu Kumar.
This principal will not change even if the new immigration law will be put into effect.

If you want to have an unlimited permission to stay you need to have an unlimited working permission thus you have to have an unlimited working contract on that day when you apply for the unlimited permission to stay.

Finger crossing will not help.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/04 12:54 PM as a reply to Indu Kumar.
"Wait for the new immigration law.. keep your fingers crossed..
we all very well know that with the current law, it will be hard time for GCs to get the PR.."

lol man just one question: did you study the situation regarding yourself? i mean now you can get an unlimited work permit after 4 years of work in Germany, but are you sure that new immigration law will not change that?

lol no offense, just pointing out that it's very possible that you need to keep your fingers crossed as well ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott