Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Transfer money to USA !!

Toggle
Transfer money to USA !!
Answer
9/1/04 6:03 PM
Dear GC´s,

I want help from you very urgently.

We discussed about sending money to India before a week or so. Now I want to transfer a few hundred euros/dollars to my friend in USA. Can someone suggest the best (cheapest) possibility? Should I bear the charges here, or my friend in USA? Should I do it in Euros or Dollars?

Thanx in advance.

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Transfer money to USA !!
Answer
9/2/04 1:05 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Dear Fred,
For sure I dont have the cheapest alternative. I have been Using Western Union and the Post office´but I think they are all expensive.
Dear GCs please advise transfer of money also to other countries say in Africa, in case you have had experience on this.

Thank you!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Transfer money to everywhere!
Answer
9/2/04 1:30 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Hi *,

I wonder why you do not use PayPal?

http://www.paypal.com/

Have a nice day
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Contract termination with present company
Answer
9/2/04 1:38 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
HI All,

I need some help regarding resignation to my present company.

I have a 6 weeks notice period to quarter ending. So, legally it would be that i should work here till dec31 2004.

Is there any other possibility to get releived soon. With in 4 weeks of time, because i have a good offer from other company and the clause is immediate joining.

regards
Jani.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/04 2:45 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Dear Detlef,

U r right.. even I thought of advicing same thing. It is very cheap though.. they will charge very less.. suppose if u want to send money to ur friend in USA(US $) with ur credit card or bank account.. u will be charged only 1 % of the total amount... it is cheaper and highly secured way to send money.

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/04 6:20 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Hi Detlef & VSK,

Thanx for the recommendation. I saw in the PayPal site that they charge 2.5% for currency conversion. Moreover the exchange rate is $1.18 whereas the market rate is $1.22 for 1 Euro !

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/6/04 8:35 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Fred,

just one thing: if you use your credit card (VISA or MasterCard), it will be YOUR bank that will be doing the currency conversion, so no PayPal fees/rates would apply.
Moreover, the exchange rate used by VISA (don't know for MC) is the one published by Financial Times on the day of settlement (at least used to be some 10 years ago when I worked at a bank).

So, go for it.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18