Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Kid visa

Toggle
Kid visa
Answer
7/7/04 1:23 PM
Hello,
I am expecting child end of november. We are planning to have child in our own country India. I would like to know :

[1] If our child born in Germany, wether he will get German citizenship or we have to applied Indian passport. What is the advantage to have child in Germany.

[2]if our child born in India: I and my wife registered in Germany and my wife will go india for 5 months for delivery and will back in Jan-feb. I have GC till 2007 and my wife has visa till 2006. I would like to know how easy to get for Visa for kid from Germany India Embassy. What formality or documents we needed and how long it take to get Visa. What is easiest way to take visa?

[3] Is there any tax benefits after having kid if yes how much? Can I claim tax benefits after having child in India for Year 2004. What formalities I have to do for getting tax benefits

Please let me know if anybody have any idea in this regards,

Thanks.

Alok
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Kid visa
Answer
7/7/04 1:36 PM as a reply to Alok Gupta.
hey are you mad
do you think in India hospitals are better

my wife got baby here and doctors were much better than in my home land. she also got baby in my homeland before and baby allmost died thanks to doctors.

so first off all it is not question of money.
do it in De for because it is better for baby.

[1]he wan't get citizenship or pass immidiately but if he is born here he will get it later a lot easier
[2]don't now
[3]yes. go to Finanzamt and they will tell you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/04 1:39 PM as a reply to Alok Gupta.
Hi Alok

1- Unless you or your wife have German citizenship, your kid won´t be German. You have to handle the passport/documents in your own country/embassy. Maybe in the future, clarifying our situation, your kid can opt for a German citizenship one day, not now.

2- I´m not indian so I can only speak generically because I had a son last year. Befor get a visa, or you need a passport for your kid OR maybe you can add your child to the passport of your wife, each country has their own regulations. With copies of your visa and your wife visa a visa for your kid is really easy.

3- Of course you get benefits. But the best is when you anmeld your kid in your local Rathaus. You get a higher Kinderfreibetrag, that means a lower income tax payments (or higher tax returns). This is automatic once you have him/her registered in Rathaus and most important is Kindergeld, about 154 euro monthly if your kid live with you. This papers you need to make usually in the Arbeitsamt in the Familienkasse.

I hope this works.

Good luck and regards

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/04 1:44 PM as a reply to Alok Gupta.
you can probably get Erziehungsgeld also

it could be 300€ monatlich maximal 2 Jahre, but probably 1 Jahr.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/04 1:48 PM as a reply to Alok Gupta.
Thanks a lot for information.

Alok
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/23/07 4:37 PM as a reply to Alok Gupta.
Hi Alok,

I hope you are still attached to the Trust7. I read your post dated way back to 2004, and I find myself exactly in this situation. we are expecting a child end October this year and wonder if there is any problem if my wife goes back to india for 4 5 months. What was experience in this regard. was it difficult to get the passport and Visa from india for the new born.
If we have child born in india, will that effect the Kindergeld and elterngeld.

Please reply asap or if you can provide me your number I would like to talk to you in this regard.

Best wishes

hamtum
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/07 1:57 PM as a reply to Alok Gupta.
@DvD

Elterngeld has replaced Erziehungsgeld from 01.01.2007. Those who haven´t worked will get 300€ p.m., others who sit at home to look after their kid will get 67% of their Netto (avg of last 12 months before birth of kid). In any case, a single partner can get only a max of 12 months, if both share the Parenting time, additional 2 more months.

Here are more details for the interested:
http://trust7faq.wik.is/Kindergeld_(Child_benefit)/Elterngeld_(from_2007)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/07 6:27 PM as a reply to Alok Gupta.
hi,
I too faced the same situation and finally after applying lots of thoughs decided to have the baby here in germany rather in india.

1) the child in germany gets the parents citizenship, so if you have ur wife are indians he too will be indian citizen

2) this is some what difficult situation....if you want your wife to go back to india then expect some long wait period in india until all the things in terms of visa/passport are cleared....

3) yes, you will get the benefits...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/1/07 4:02 AM as a reply to Alok Gupta.
Sorry guys it's out of context.

@ DvD

Do you live in Bremen? If so then please write to me at rohit_de (at) web.de
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7