Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Cologne / NRW?
Answer
4/7/04 4:08 PM
Dear GCs,
I’m a Journalist working for a big German public service TV Programme (WDR). I intend to do a report about the situation of Greencard-Holders who need the new german immigration law to be passed in order to be allowed to stay in Germany. Therefore, I’m looking for Greencard-Holders in Northrhein-Westfalia (e.g. Aachen, Cologne, Duesseldorf, Ruhrgebiet, Bielefeld, etc.), who are frustrated with the never-ending legislation-process and who maybe even plan to go abroad. Please contact me unter wdrmarkt@aol.com - Thanx.

Liebe Greencardler,
Ich bin Freier Journalist für einen großen öffentlich-rechtlichen Fernsehsender (WDR). Ich plane einen Beitrag über die Situation von Greencard-Inhabern, die dringend auf die Verabschiedung des neuen Zuwanderungsgesetzes warten, um nach Ablauf der Greencard in Deutschland bleiben zu können (und die vielleicht bereits planen, das Land zu verlassen). Für diesen Beitrag suche ich noch dringend Betroffene aus Nordrhein-Westfalen (z.B. aus dem Raum Aachen, Köln, Düsseldorf, Ruhrgebiet, Bielefeld, etc.). Rückmeldungen bitte an wdrmarkt@aol.com - Danke.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Cologne / NRW - TV Interview
Answer
4/7/04 4:43 PM as a reply to Achim Pollmeier.
Hi,

as I told you many times before, we need the press to support our interests in getting the new Immigration Law.

So please take this chance and help Mr. Pollmeier, that he can help us. I strongly support this!

Best regards and 'Happy Eastern' to all of you!
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Cologne / NRW?
Answer
4/7/04 6:36 PM as a reply to Achim Pollmeier.
Hi all,

I have been quietly reading the posts in the forum for couple of months. I think it is time not only to complain , but to do something as well.
I just spoke to Herrn Pollmeier (WDR TV). He seems to be quite serious about the issue. In fact they want to meet us, to make kind of snapshot of our situation and what is important - that will go on air.
So, everybody in our region (NRW) - if you do want to be listened to, or to show your frustration and disappointment ( and of course if you believe in that) - just send him an e-mail.
So the choice is yours - you can either sit in the boat while it is sinking or try to swim ( although the "water" is quite cold).

GC since 2000
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Cologne / NRW? - For Plamen
Answer
4/7/04 7:49 PM as a reply to Achim Pollmeier.
Cheers Plamen!!

I´m with you. Thanks to show your face.

I guess our friend GC nr. 1 is giving us a hand showing up his case in the media. Nobody will help us if we don´t ask for our desire to be here.

Any other voices? Is not possible to get only one people out of 16000 GC!!!

Regards

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/04 12:09 AM as a reply to Achim Pollmeier.
But you know what's more frustrating? It's the fact for me to see things as if we just using a sword in water trying to cut water, what happens: nothing at all, just empty hopes and loss of efforts...

After all the walk and talk, they still trying to play with our lifes and future. I know the world is capitalist as my wife uses to say, every one is after his own interests, but if they were really carrying about their interests, they will have seen that they could go with that because it is really a win-win situation.

But unfortunately, I'm not on that region, if I was, I would have get in touch with you.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/04 11:32 AM as a reply to Achim Pollmeier.
Hi, YO,

It's not me. Seems that there is another Plamen.
It's interesting to know that.

Regards,
Plamen P.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Cologne / NRW? -- any press in Dresden?
Answer
4/8/04 11:55 AM as a reply to Achim Pollmeier.
No press people in Dresden.?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Cologne / NRW? - Oops Plamenp!
Answer
4/8/04 12:28 PM as a reply to Achim Pollmeier.
Sorry Plamenp (Let´s say Plamen 1?)!

I thought we had only one Plamen, "The" Plamen from 1st (2nd) GC Meeting in München!

But I was a little bit wondered because you don´t live in Köln, so I also thought "It´s my hero - He will go to Köln just for the interview!"

Anyway, thanks to all the GC in Köln going to the interview and please say all we discuss here, but think twice before blame anybody. It´s more important for us to find a solution now rather than find a responsable.

Regards

YO (The one and only!)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/04 6:28 PM as a reply to Achim Pollmeier.
Hi
Is there body journalist in Frankfurt to post our opinions also?
Suppose Let us say HR team

GC 2000
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3