Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

extension of visa

Toggle
extension of visa
Answer
6/21/04 4:30 PM
Hello to all the forum members,
I am a student and finishing my thesis in about two months(end of july or start of august). i have the imm. bescheinigung for this sem.

my visa finishes start of july. so i have to extend it but i am not sure how much they will extend it. Will it be better to just show my bescheinigung for this sem or it is better to take a letter from the faculty about when my thesis finishes?

thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: extension of visa
Answer
7/3/04 10:58 AM as a reply to Yusuf Ahmed.
According to the foreigner law students have to leave Germany after they finished their study and are only allowed to apply for reentering from their home country after one year elapsed.

You must show the bescheinigung for this semester. If the Ausländerbehörde knows that your study is finished they will most probably kick you out.

How to avoid this?

If you have enough money start another study and search parallel for a job with a working contract.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott