Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Job interview today

Toggle
Job interview today
Answer
12/9/03 11:51 AM
Hi all,

I use to say that we all a family down here and that's why I would like to let you know that I'm heading to Wolfsburg (near 4 to 5 hours by train from my actual place) to attend a job interview there.

So wish me good luck and pray for me. Cross all the fingers and toes you can.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Job interview today
Answer
12/9/03 1:49 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi NoBody

Herzlich best wishes from my side.

We have your finger crossed and just be positive. Before the interview, think the job is only yours. This and a photo of your family will help you.

Regards to VW and if you cross your path with D´Alessandro, please blame him from my side! (don´t take care on me. Just a stupid Boca-river argentinian joke!)

YO (Formerly known as YO)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/03 9:00 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi D.,

did our crossed fingers help? I hope you made it, but just in case ... there is always a next time.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/03 10:34 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi,

the interview went well, better than I thought and it was kinda frustrating for me (first time to do an interview in German) and they told me that I already passed the first step well (most of the technologies they used, I use them too) and I'm now in the second step of the process: they gave me a problem I should make the UML modelling of so they could see how I interpret problems. And I will send it back to them tomorrow.
The only part not very interesting (in my sight) is the fact that they said that they would call my former company to check upon me. I dunno if they gonna do that or if it's the normal way of doing in Germany but just imagine that my ex-boss doesn't cover me up on this... Just this thought makes me a bit scared.

So wieso, I'm already checking for appartments in Wolfsburg and if all goes well, I will surely make a tour at Trust7's bureau, as Wolfsburg is just an hour from Berlin...

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/03 11:47 PM as a reply to NoBody.
These are good news! So I will cross my fingers again, and I hope to see you at my office soon :-)

Have a nice evening
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/11/03 2:03 AM as a reply to NoBody.
And is this checking to the old company a legal thing? Is it a way of doing down here ?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/11/03 1:45 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Did you submit your "Recommendtation" from your previous company? Normally this recommendation letter have "double meaning". And you should not be afraid if you are "clean" from your previous employer.

all the best.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/11/03 5:28 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi,

I didn't submit it because I got none at the moment, I'm still considered as employee of the company as the contract is ending on December 31st.
I've dropped a mail to my former supervisor as I've taken him as reference so he will know.
BTW I've just sent 5 minutes ago the result of the UML modelling test, so, let's wait now. I will keep you informed.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Job interview
Answer
6/18/04 9:05 AM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi,

I would like to know if it is a normal practice in Germany for companies to invite candidates over for interview without bearing the cost of travel and accomodation?. The interviewee has to bear the responsibility for all airticket cost, eg (from US to Germany or from India to Germany, or from Malaysia to Germany), and I think it is not cheap. Not sure whether should take the chance or not.

Please advice if it is the risk associated is practiced as they do not want to bear the cost in case candidate is not found to be suitable after meeting up.

Thank you

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/04 10:40 AM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi
Its a very normal practce for interviewer to bear all travel and accomodation cost. Best of luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/04 11:47 AM as a reply to NoBody.
It depends, but when you get an interview far from where you live, then ask them if the cost will be handled by them or not. If yes, then ok, if no, you can still the travel money back from AB.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/04 12:58 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hi NoBody,

Heartly Congratulations.

I appreceate you strength and determination, you are really a very hard man.

Best Wishes
Uttam
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/04 1:16 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Thanks Uttam, but this thread is originally more than 7 months old now, it didn't worked out with that company so I stayed quite a time unemployed (4 months in all) but I'm already at a new place since beginning of june and very likely to change to a better one in the days coming.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/04 1:17 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Correction: I'm in a new place since May 3rd, not June.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/04 2:37 PM as a reply to NoBody.
OPPS I should have seen the posting date too emoticon

Anyway it still proves that you have a strong determination. May be in ur place I would have packed my bags.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/04 3:10 PM as a reply to NoBody.
It's not a pbm uttam, and thanks again, I'm just strong because I got people who support me and care.
As on old saying says, "behind every great man, there is a woman" and most of all, it's 'coz I've found in people around here people who can listen and counsel, sharing the same cause and fighting the same struggle is always a way of achieving goals.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18