Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Getting deposit / kaution back

Toggle
Getting deposit / kaution back
Answer
7/5/04 6:38 PM
Hi All !
I want to get my kaution money(for apartment) back after 6 mths of waiting. This is clearly stated in my contract and I have cleared all heating and other bills after moving to a new apartment.
Now this person refuses to take my phone calls or meet me.
So I am unable to get my kaution (rent deposit) of 3 months back.
I have tried very hard to contact this person.
I had thought several options. One of the option is to contact RechtsAnwalt , another is becoming a member of Mietverein.
I do not know which one is better. I do not have a rechtsanwalt versicherung.
I live in München and have contacted Mietverein. But they seems very indifferent and the problem is I can get their service only after becoming a member and waiting for 3 mths.
If anyone had this problem before , plz provide me some suggestion. I would be very grateful ?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Getting deposit / kaution back
Answer
7/5/04 7:24 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Find a lawyer and he will write a letter threatening with a court procedure. If this doesn't help you will have to suit him but you will get the money back + he will have to pay all the costs (yours and his) because you are in right. I had a simmilar experience years ago.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/04 7:04 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Detlef, where's my post gone?

mobilink
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/04 7:13 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Uh-oh, found it - the thread was too old. Once again my answer:

I had a similar problem once with an appartment that I've rented from a person that I later found out wasn't really a landlord, but rather took himself the liberty to rent the place without the knowledge of the real landlord. Anyway he took our 3-rent money ammount in advance and had the intention to evict us, me and my wife after only 3 months living there, and keep our money of course.

We immediately contacted a lawyer, and this was a very good idea. After listening to our story, the lawyer simply asked for this person phone number and called himself to clear out the situation. He couldn't get the other party at the time so he wrote a letter.
Soon enough we received our money back, got through to the real landlords, and later on kept the place where we still live in.
We didn't press charges since we were short on money and didn't have "Rechtsversicherung" (which I recommend) but the lawyer cost was relatively low as to the potential loss of greather sum.
That's my story, hope you get something of it. I suppose these thing happen all the time.
The german lawyers are someone you don't want to mess with. Hats off!

mobilink.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/04 2:39 AM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
Hallo All,

It is not much of a help to p_tuladher but while renting a place it is possible to keep the deposit money as a separate account in your bank. You would need to go to the bank with your new wohnung contract. It costs about 20 euro to open this account.

The good thing about it is that the renter cannot obtain the money without your consent. And as long as you are living in this apartment you are not allowed to touch this account. Of course there are bit more rules but the point is that the deposit money is kept within your account.
0 (0 Votes)

work permit issue
Answer
7/7/04 12:34 PM as a reply to Prasanna Tuladhar.
hi all,

I am a German university IT graduate. I have a good chance to get a job based on the technical and professional skills. Now I am in discussion for gaining a workpermit. Here is what I got from the employer

"I have to tell you in general, that the green card program is just made
for permanent positions and not for freelance positions. We just offer
positions under freelance conditions (freiberufliche Tätigkeit).

Well the most important thing for me to know is, if you have a European work
permit, or what your idea is to get one. I would be very pleased, if you
could answer this as soon as you can. I'm more than willing to discuss the
current requirements with you if you do have one.

The work permit has to be an open work permit. That means, that it is not
"connected" to a company or just valid in one country.

Other counties in Germany are easier in handling the work permit issue, but we just offer positions in the area of Stuttgart and not in any other counties of Germany. "

Could you please suggest me how can I discuss with them to get a workpermit with the above requirements.

Thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18