Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

How to avail social benefits before 1 year ??

Toggle
Hi I am a new female GC, and got a job here on Nov 01, 2003. Currently I am faced with an issue. This involves my pregnancy because of which I must go for a leave to Indonesia in August 2004 (for about 3-4 months). Now at that time my 1 year service with the company will not be finished and would be only 10 months by that time and I have heard that in order to be able to avail the social benefits (as per the law for Unemployment benefit), one has to serve at least one complete year and pay all the taxes. !! Please note that I still have to take my annual leave for this year 2004 which is also one month. ..this can give me at least 11 months and not one year !! There was one more rule where if you are on a sick leave for more than 4 weeks than you start getting payment from Sozialamt (but i think during those 4 weeks my employer will have to pay me..) I am really confused. One more point that i could think of was that i served in the same company for 3 months as a full time student (on a 3 months contract) and paid all my taxes etc etc. Does that period count to my service as well ??? (akthough I was clearly in the category of a "Werkstudentin". How can I pursue my case. I am looking forward to the guidance of other GCs in this regard.

Best Regards,

Newcomer
0 (0 Votes)

Re: How to avail social benefits before 1 year ??
Answer
2/26/04 3:38 PM as a reply to New Comer.
Hi,

Your problem is really complicated, i also don't have any experience or solution but what i can give you probably a different perspective.

you said "This involves my pregnancy because of which I must go for a leave to Indonesia in August 2004 (for about 3-4 months). "

it's mandatory to go home? because if not you can always deliver your baby here and it for sure make it easy for everything and during your pregancy leaves and when you stay in germany all the social benefit will be available for you, in case that you need more time with your baby also you can propose "work from home" to your company and i know some of friend do this and everything went very well.

I am also indonesian, and i have my family here with me and our second son born in here and we also have friends with the same situation (GC), if you need more info on this please feel free to contact me. (arealdy@yahoo.com)

Regards

Ade
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/26/04 5:09 PM as a reply to New Comer.
Hallo,

I too agree to what "arealdy" suggested you because of his experience.

But, I would suggest you to ask for the law "Mutterschutz", because in Germany, I heard that a mother is granted upto 3 years leave.

So, if this is the case, then all you need is to get info related to your right.

Wish you best of luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/27/04 5:53 PM as a reply to New Comer.
Hallo newcomer,
don't be worried.
A.T. is right.You should gather the info related to "Mutterschutz".
You will get every benefit similar to a German.U can seek atleast a < > year(am not sure) leave for pregnancy.So,please do consult some german friend or colleague in getting the info.

takecare
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/29/04 2:18 PM as a reply to New Comer.
Hi !
In any case do not leave or resign from your job. Its law in Germany that the employer keeps you paying (part of of salary)
for upto 3 years. This is a law.
I know a lady who works in my firm, she exactly has the same situation. Do not worry you have rights as much as any German citizen. Infact even the Krankankasse would pay the "Mutterschaft" geld when you would not be working. Its also your duty to inform the company about the new situation and sort out. Company CANNOT fire you (its LAW here) simply because you are pregnant.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/04 3:30 PM as a reply to New Comer.
Dear Friends,

Thanks a lot for your support. I have found out about "Mutterschutz" and this is true that the company cannot fire me. I even decided to deliver the baby here. But according to "Mutterschutz" laws I will be covered by the Krankankasse and my Company before 6 weeks and after 8 weeks of the birth. My big problem is what happens after ??? I have been informed that after the birth, its only Kindergeld and Erziehungsgeld which cannot be more than 500 Euros altogether that I can claim. Ofcourse I dont expect my company to pay me when I am taking more leaves than than I am authorised to. I am only afraid that how will I support myself after that. Lets say I need an extra 3-6 more months to settle down with the new situation. I am looking for a kindergarten who can accept kids as young as 8 months old. The normal Kindergartens permit the kids at least 3 years.
I had heard (i am not sure) that you can claim money from Arbeitsamt if u have already been paying your taxes for the past 1 year. In my case it would be 10 months as a GC (i have a 1 month Resturlaub also for this year that i want to use that time) and 3 months as a student where I too paid my taxes. Can in that case i can claim something.
I really apprecaite your help.

Regards,

Newcomer
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/04 5:51 PM as a reply to New Comer.
Hi Newcomer,
My friend is also in a similar situation as u r.
she joined on November 15 and is in probation for 6 months i.e untill May 15th. From June 1st she is in maternity leave.what 's her situation.Can the company fire her since she is in probation?
Kindly guide her with the information u have.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/04 6:40 PM as a reply to New Comer.
Dear Blueshari,

As far as
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/04 6:46 PM as a reply to New Comer.
Hi Blueshari,
as far as i know, it is illegal to fire a pregnant woman (whether or not she is in Probation). One of my friends was working in a german university only as a HiWi (student job, 60 hours a month) and she was pregnant. They couldnot fire her at all.
so the law says one could be fired only 4 months after the birth of the child . Please read the Muterschuztgesetz in Internet and this is pretty clear. My case is that I wanted to know how safe are we from sozialsamt etc in case we r unable to join 4 months after the birth, or for that matter do we get finacial benefits during the time we are not able to work. Hope this helps.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/2/04 7:43 PM as a reply to New Comer.
Hi NC,
Thanks for ur reply. Regarding ur case uptill 2 months(8 weeks) u will be getting ur regular salary apart from that if u opt for extra leave assume 4-6 months Ur leave will be granted ( possible untill 3 years for either parents)This leave is unpaid but also u have an option of working part-time or from home if possible and get paid accordingly.

Cheers
Hari
0 (0 Votes)

How to avail social benefits before 1 year ??
Answer
6/1/04 3:22 PM as a reply to New Comer.
Hi

I am quite new to germany(frankfurt-almost 6 months), belongs to India.
I am a home-maker and my husband works for a software company(having a german contract with german company, for two years)
I need some information on benefits given to pregnant woman with foreign origin (as in my case), by german government like:

a. what are the financial benefits given to pregnant woman?
b. Does these benefits depends on the salary of partner?
c. What are the benefits given to child by govt?

Thanks for ur replies in advance.

Best Regards

G
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7