Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Tax claim

Toggle
Tax claim
Answer
1/21/04 12:17 PM
Hello GCs,

I have a question,

If my spouse visits me on a tourist visa for three months in germany and stay with me, Can i claim any tax benefits or change my lohnsteuerklasse??

Thanks in advance for your valuable replies.

Rgds
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax claim
Answer
1/21/04 1:50 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hi!
I know lil of it!!
If you want to have the tax benefits, then register(Anmeldung) your wife at your local Rathaus.Then ask for a Lohnsteuerklasse wechsel(from 1 to 3).

cheersemoticon)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/04 2:07 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Dear pramod.,

Thanks for ur reply. So i can get this done without my spouse aufenthaltstitel ?? Do i have to produce a marriage certificate or any other documents ?
Please help if you know any details.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/04 2:33 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Logical question.

You have to produce the marriage paper. You should do that...infact 3rd class tax is really low.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/04 2:45 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Then its good,
I have my marriage certificate, so i dont have to take a residence permit for my spouse, So what happens after my spouse goes back after three months ? Will the lohnsteuerklasse will become eins automatically ? I find the system is very complex.

But i thank all GCs for their help to understand the system in deutschland
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/04 6:42 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
well u need to show the marriage certificate (internationally recognised-u can make this in India).Your tax class will only be changed if your spouse accompanies you.So,here is the logic-make ur wife registered here and then make her visa extended,which can be done in couple of weeks after her arrival.
After that she can leave to India(dont inform pple at raathaus)on vacation and must be here again before the end of 6 months.
So in this way you can gain the tax benefits.
hope u got me.
takecare
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/04 6:48 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
sorry i have assumed as if u r from India.But if u r from india, i could help u in this regard.Give me a ring at 017622255589.I will be on vacation the rest of the week.
thanks emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/04 10:25 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Dear Pramod.,
Thanks very much for your info,
My email is sriramanv@hotmail.com.
Drop me a line when you are free.

Regards
Sri
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/04 2:51 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
I know a job for your wife to do here, earning up to 100 Euro / hour - no need to pay any tax, as most people in that profession don't.

This would earn you substantially more money than any tax fraud you can think of

Oh - of course you must not tell any authorities about it...

;-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/04 3:57 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Dear Marc-Os

Just for your information, here we are not discussing about tax fraud as you think. (Discussing about tax claim). So i do not need your suggestion for any tax frauds.

Since you know all details, i strongly feel either your spouse or your family members are in that profession you have suggested.

Viel Spaß
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax claim with detail
Answer
1/22/04 4:52 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hi Marc-OS,

Sometimes you reply with such a sincerity and sometimes with such low level of words, seems little strange to me.

What people are trying to discuss here is some nitty-gritties of German Tax system and you have come up with completely strange thing. There are many nationals here who do lot of other things to claim their taxes and for many other things like GEZ savings and kids money and unemployment money but if a person is discussing a simple issue of tax saving which is a complicated law here you are giving a completely different flavour to the whole discussion. Even this small thing your own lovingly citizen (Tax Consulatnt) would tell even losing a sight for a moment.

I would just like to point out that by doing so you are just de-valuating yourself if you ever reveal your identity or else you would be successful in your mission to cleann the society with these cheaters, fraud makers immaterial from their land of origin German, brazilian, australian, indian or any other part of world.

Cheers !! to your mission and persona at all. But please try to not harm the soul purpose of GC's meeting point like Trust7.

Regards,
Starter.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/04 5:10 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Quote:

"...my spouse visits me on a tourist visa for three months ..."

"...After that she can leave to India(dont inform pple at raathaus)on vacation and must be here again before the end of 6 months...."

The point is: either she is permanently resident here or not. As simple as that. Arriving here to file some paperwork and then leaving immediately on 6 months "holiday", while claiming tax benefits here is illegegal. There is just *no* doubt about it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/04 5:31 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hey Man,

You could have well replied that it is not possible under German Law to do this, that is it Man.

I could understand that it will take long time for people from different continent to understand the methodology of living here in germany or so to say in Europe but be little less vulgar man.

Anyway, cheers to your analytical ability. :-) It really takes hell lot of brilliance to decipher these words from the whole converstation.

Thanks anyway,
Starter
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax claim - finish!
Answer
1/22/04 6:09 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hi,

could we please finish this topic at this point?

Thank you :-)

Best regrads
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Tax claim
Answer
2/10/04 3:19 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hello,
I am new to this forum. I could not find a an option to start a new topic. Its related to this so I am adding it here .
I have to file my Income tax returns. Could anybody here suggest me a tax consultant in munich.

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/11/04 4:44 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hi,

It's better to find somebody in your local area. Where are you?

Regards,
Plamen
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/11/04 7:08 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
From my experience it is quite difficult to get back some money if you are single compare to married (especially your wife not working).

I am single, first year I got back some money because I started in August 2000.

2nd year, I supposely to get back 5cent but Finanzant said ist too litle to give, so they decide to give.

3rd year, same as 2nd year.

4th year (not done yet) but I think i will get back some money because I was jobless for a month

DD
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/04 2:01 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hi All,

I am new to this Forum and I didn't know how to start a new message. My message is releated to taxes in germany.

I am being offered a job in Germany (Nurenberg).
What is the tax applicable for a GC (IT) with a salary of 50,000 and how much is average cost of living.
What are the other applicable expenses like social security, insurance etc.

If somebody can explain me in detail, it wil help me in taking an important decision.

Thanks.

Raman
0 (0 Votes)

Tax information for Raman
Answer
4/8/04 3:24 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hi Raman

Here is a salary calculator:

http://finanzen.focus.msn.de/D/DA/DA80/da80.htm

If you are single you are Steurklasse I, otherwise you are III. You will work in Bayern.

You can check here how you will really earn (Netto). The sum you mentioned is Brutto. Netto is Brutto - Taxes, all of them you will see in the calculator.

There is a lot of information of expenses (rent, food etc) in the old forum, please search for yourself (link in upper right) but the secret is how you will plan to live: big or small flat, auto or not, good food or junk food.

Good luck if you decide to come and as usual, 10% commision is mine for the answer ;-)))

Regards

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax claim (Raman)
Answer
4/8/04 3:52 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hello Raman,
Expect 40-45 percent of reduction in your gross salary. This 40-45 percent goes to Tax, Unemployment Insurance, Health Insurance and Solidarity Money for East-Germany.
If you are married and have kids, this deduction may reduce to 35 percent or so..
As YO explained, the flat you chose also effects your living standard.. an avarage 45 m2 flat may cost up to 550 Euro per month.. just to give you a rough idea..
Good Luck

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/04 5:49 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Thanks Yo and Lacrima for the responses.

My company is telling me that they will be paying my health insurance and they might help me in reducing my tax liabilities to less than 25% as I am nin-resident IT guy. Is it possible some way? Can they provide me salary under some category which is not taxable.

Raman
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax claim III
Answer
4/8/04 6:26 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Mmmmmh

I´m not a spetialist, but 75% sounds me a little bit too high.

I don´t know if you are single or not. If you are single, I think is almost impossible. Married, maybe.

But BE CAREFULL. You told us you´ll work as "non resident IT ...."
This may imply you are working as a kind of Freelance (in that case you won´t get a GreenCard) and if you get one surely the company will pay you more because is supposed you have to pay some things by your own.

Nobody make gifts in Germany. This is a fact.

But another fact very important for you to know, Germans are very direct and they accept (and support) direct questions. Please ask your future boss to make CLEAR calculations, bare numbers because you need to know to decide.

Good luck

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/04 6:41 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hi YO!

I have been told that they will apply for a work permit and Residence permit which will take 4-6 weeks. But still they said that I would not need to pay the taxes on all the salary. But it looks like it is not possible. I have asked them for details. Thanks for the suggestion.
BTW, I am a single as of now. So should I assume that I will have to pay atleast 40% tax.

Also, as I will be joining in the middle of the financial year (around may end), does that mean that I will pay taxes based on the actual salary earned in this year till December.
Maybe thats the reason my tax liability will be less.

Thanks in advance.

rgds,
Raman
0 (0 Votes)

Tax claim for working couple
Answer
4/18/04 1:51 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hello,
I need a clarification regarding, if both husband and wife are working and they stay in different cities. what are the available claims they can get back during tax declaration.

cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18