Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Termination Period

Toggle
Termination Period
Answer
1/27/04 1:57 PM
Hi GCs,

I am new at trust7. Greetings to all of you. Currently I have a problem and don't know how to get help. One of my pakistani friend informed me about this site and found its really helpful and informative for us. After graduating from a German University I got a job, where I am currently working peacefully. But now I have found one problem. As I am in a stage to move to another country therefore it is necessary to find job before I got. But in my contract I have a termination period of 6 months. When I had signed this contract I didn't know about this because the contract was in German language. Now I see a big problem of 6 months notice because its hard to get another job with 6 months notice. If I give termination notice and don't find anything within 6 months, then it will be really difficult for me to survive in this Deutschland where you have to pay lot of money in aspects of life. Does anybody know what to do in such case ? Is it possible to convert the notice period to 3 months with the help of law ? Does the law in Germany permit a company to have such a long notice period ? If somebody is aware of this, please help me. Thanks and again good luck to all of you. /Ahasan
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Termination Period
Answer
1/27/04 3:16 PM as a reply to Ali Ahasan.
Maybe you can talk with your employer and get a "Beendigung der Arbeitsverhältnis", where both you and your employer mutually agree to end the contract before the intended period. I dont know whether its technically correct according to the law but should be possible if the terms with your employer is good.

Regards
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Termination Period
Answer
1/27/04 5:59 PM as a reply to Ali Ahasan.
Hi Raj,

Thank you so much for your tips. I was also thinking in the same way but wasn't sure about it.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott