Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

trust7 members in your neighborhood

Help needed - Money evasion

Toggle
Help needed - Money evasion
Answer
9/20/04 6:43 PM
HI Friends,

I think i am the only one facing so many problems, the problem is that i helped a friend with some moeny when he was inneed, some EUR 700 and now that guy left germany and not responding anything regarding money, the only things i have as proof is the money transfer and some emails written by him that he will return the money this time and that time and not till now.

So how can i proceed, its not about the money you know, its about breaking trust. So i want to deal with it seriously. And of course i know the information if this guy, were he is and what he does.

May be some can help and suggest

Jackal.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Help needed - Money evasion
Answer
9/20/04 6:49 PM as a reply to Jackson Jackal.
Us knowing the country he is at the moment can help give better advices. I already had to deal with such a problem last year.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/04 6:56 PM as a reply to Jackson Jackal.
If the transaction to "the guy" was within the last two months, you can consult your bank to have the transaction nullified. I don't know how hard will it be to prove it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/04 6:59 PM as a reply to Jackson Jackal.
HI NoBody,

He is in USA now and i dont know his exact address, but i do know his brothers address and ofcourse may be i can find his own address.

Hope this is enough and he lived in germany for 2.5 years, and we both have the accounts in the same banks (not same account but he was a coleague of mine before).

So, pls suggest me now, i know with these anit terrorism rules and all its going to be tough for him, but i wanted to know my legal status . And i dont have any legal insurance till now.

regards
Jackal.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/04 7:00 PM as a reply to Jackson Jackal.
And the transaction took place almost 5 months back, and the bank name is CITI bank.

regards
Jackal.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/04 7:34 PM as a reply to Jackson Jackal.
In the US, hum... I really dunno how you gonna handle that but this is what happened in my case: I took some credits to help someone and he was supposed to pay me back in a short time, which he didn't and after chasing him, 12 months after pressure, he just decided to go back to our home country without a word beause he knew I couldn't chase him there in person.

After emails and letters from me, he didn't respond so I made a letter assigning my mom to take care of this matter there. I legalized the letter (VERY IMPORTANT) and I sent it to her along with proof of the time the credit was taken, papers signed by my friend on that time, emails we exchanged and all the things that could have been related to this matter.

She then took a lawyer there and got him in courts, he even stayed a couple of week in jail, but he is paying that back now.

So if possible, try to see if you can get someone there who could represent you, make a legal letter so he can have full rights to follow this problem and ask him to get some lawyer.

It can cost you more than the 700 euros you gave him but as you said, it's not about the money, right? It wasn't about the money for me too, it was about respect and for some people, respect is very important.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18