Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

PC to Phone

Toggle
PC to Phone
Answer
4/14/04 10:54 PM
Hi,
Can anyone can suggest me any pc to phone provider other than hotfoon to call india(to any city in india), which is cheaper with crystal clear sound.
Regards
Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Re: PC to Phone
Answer
4/15/04 6:48 AM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Did you tryed the prepaid plan from Dialpad.com ?
I often use it to call to Germany and the quality is not bad.

Prices (in US$) to call to India:

INDIA 39¢
INDIA, AHMEDABAD 39¢
INDIA, BANGALORE 19¢
INDIA, BOMBAY 25¢
INDIA, CALCUTTA 25¢
INDIA, HYDERABAD 25¢
INDIA, MADRAS 25¢
INDIA, NEW DELHI 25¢
INDIA, PUNE 39¢
INDIA, PUNJAB 39¢
INDIA, Mobile 39¢
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/04 12:58 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
I am not a big fan of PC to Phone, but you can always use the prefix numbers like 01081 or 01051 etc.. These can be found in

www.billiger-telefonieren.de .. They seem to be 18 Cents per min with good quality. Seldom you have problems but you can live with it..

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/04 1:12 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Hi

I am using 01015. It costs me 13,50 cents/min. You can find all these prefix codes in internet, may be you can check the website mentioned by CMReddy.

VSK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/04 1:34 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
hi,
why dont you try calling cards. they are cheap u can buy them
from www.eurocallingcards.com , u can buy cards online u will get
pins by email. ucan get a 10 euro cards for 7.25 euros.The first buy
will take a 30 min to get approved. for second buy u will get immedietly. ok c u bye
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/04 1:59 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Hi Friend,

Calling cards are not cheaper. They will offer more minutes, but once u started calling the minutes will reduce, not only for called mins.. For 10 min talk time they will deduct 20 mis or 30 mins like that. I have this experience many times.. I have bought many cards from Eurocalling cards(offers are very good at this site).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/04 5:49 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Hi,

If you prefer PC2Phone then I suggest you to stick with predial numbers from http://www.billiger-telefonieren.de like other's side because it is clear and cheaper than all the PC2Phone tools you get in the internet. If at all you got a PC on both ends then use a chinese software from http://www.8751.com/8751/download/xz.asp with the latest version 3.02. It is simple once you install and if you find that you cannot understand try using http://world.altavista.com to translate Chinese words to English. I guess once you find out a way getting the dialpad then for the next time it will be a simple job. There are 10's and 100's of software's for PC2PC call but I found this software the best with clear voice. Forget about PC2Phone calls not convincing rates available for us!

All the best!
Nitin
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/04 6:49 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Hi,

I have used prefix numbers long before, but the telekom charges tax on the overall bill, so i stopped using them. Then started using Eurocallingcards.net , these cards eat minutes just like that, it is cheaper,but overall waste(good if we use it in one strech) if we want to use the same card more than once.
Do post if anyone have any best solution as me and my wife often call india(almost everyday).
Thanks for your replys.

Regards
Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/04 7:15 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
yeah, if someone have a cheaper and better solution then please let us know! at the moment it is out of my shell!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/04 8:06 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Hi NReddy,

Understanding German is bit difficult and you are suggesting Chinese version!!!

We have many ways but it costs more initially. I thought of installing Sipphone(www.sipphone.com).. here in Germany I could able to install this phone successfully, but in India I could not able to do it this time, since I was sick, so no time to do it this time. It will work like this. We should have 64kbps internet connection at both ends. We should connect the phone through broadband router, so this router further connects to DSL modem.(if you have dsl modem with router would be good) In Germany it is okay but in India we may have problems, since we need exact router or modem like pppoE for European countries, for India we may require PPPOA modem i think.. once everything is connected well, we can talk freely at any day any time.. 24 hrs free, except your internet charges(i mean monthly charges). Normally everyone in Germany has Internet connection, but we have to pay for our indian net connection.. anyway it costs about 20 € per month in India(if it is DSL connection)

VSK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/04 2:15 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Hi All,

I just have a talk with Eurocalling cards.com. They are planning to introduce, new telephone card and it will give u exact calling minutes. and one more thing is very interesting...

They r planning to introduce new PC to Phone.. it works like this.. we should have some internet connection(not yet known, what kind of connection) and others don't need any internet connection, and we have to buy 2 phones from them.. one should connect to our internet connection and other one is normal connection in India.. suppose if u call to India it costs u local call in India.. i mean, in india local call costs 1 Rupee, so if u call to india for 10 mins it costs ur parents or someone those who has this telephone connection costs 10 RS..

more details will come soon...

VSK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/04 4:14 PM as a reply to Deepak Bansal.
Hi VSK,

probably they are also introducing the VOIP services. Alas, i am selling off my phones now. One is already gone.. I guess the timing in India is just not right for the high tech stuff. Remember when we all started it, it was mostly unknown in German market.. Leave alone India. I guess, the Sipphone guy is coming up with a new offer which will give you a local number in India and when your relatives call your local number they pay local charges and the call is forwarded to your sipphone here in germany. For the local number you pay some money.. (how much is yet to be known.)

Now a days we have some VoIP offers in Germany but are very lousy. Anyway i think its a matter of an year maximum before these kind of things start in India as well...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott