Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Anmeldung....... ?Questions....

Toggle
Anmeldung....... ?Questions....
Answer
5/19/04 6:14 PM
in 3 years i changed my anmeldung 3 times.Now from the last 4 months i have old anmeldung i am searching home ,after getting new home i will change my anmeldung to new place ,now a days i am guest of my friend.how much complicated problem it is ?
Please throw some light on anmeldung and abmeldung.

Thankx.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Anmeldung....... ?Questions....
Answer
5/19/04 7:29 PM as a reply to a a.
Hi Jalal,

The registration is governed by the Meldegesetz (http://www.google.de/search?num=20&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&q=meldegesetz&btnG=Suche&meta=cr%3DcountryDE), which could (AFAIK) vary from bundesland to bundesland, but generally you are OBLIGED to register one week before or after you move out, and one week after or before you move in. If you are living with some friend then you should register at his/her address. You could be fined if you fail to register, of if you do it late.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/04 1:14 AM as a reply to a a.
AFAIK you normally have 3 or 6 months (it's one of the two but I can't remember which one) to register after you've change your place of living, that's why for example when I first came to Germany, 8 months after, I moved temporarely to an appartment but didn't registered all the time I was there, meaning 4 months. I just had to ask for a forward of my mails and that's was all. In fact, I stayed registered at that first address for the whole time I was unemployed meaning 6 months.

But you should check it, don't take my words as a law, maybe I did something wrong without knowing.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/04 2:17 PM as a reply to a a.
you have to register at an address where you are living, regardless where: if you are living in your friend's place, you have to register there. at least you need to submit a registration form to local authorities - if they do not accept it, it's not your problem so long as you keep it - in order to be able to prove the fact that it was submitted. however, if you live unregistered it would normally cause you no problems, unless police or other authorities will need to find you for some reason - here i would point out as well that regardless of your registration status you have to tell authorities in local immigration office where you live.

furthermore, in any case you need to inform your local post office that you can no longer be found on your old address; it is necessary for you, because if some court of law or government structure sends you an official letter with a certificate of delivery and you told your local post office nothing, that letter will be considered as delivered to you even if you did not receive it; here i would like to point out on all possible consiquences.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/04 2:20 PM as a reply to a a.
*consiquences*

consequences. just typed too fast emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK