Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

"body shoppers" ?

Toggle
"body shoppers" ?
Answer
9/22/04 3:27 AM
I'm a desi who has recently finished my MS in CS from a uni in the US, and have 2+ years experience (in the US).

A couple of the other desi grads had a tough time getting jobs, and finally settled for contract work organized by 'body shoppers' (usually one-man contract/placement firms). The hours are long, pay poor, but the firms promise to __sponsor them for their work permits (H1Bs)__.

My point:
The grads networked and found out about who was willing to do this. Can anyone help me with leads for something similar in Germany? I've got the (GC) qualifications, and at the moment am not picky about the pay (as long as it meets the German GC requirements). Basically, I'm open to a lot and am looking to have something/anything by the end of the year.

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments, leads? Anything? Let me know if you want me to contact you privately too.

Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: "body shoppers" ?
Answer
9/23/04 7:47 AM as a reply to Wannabe Worker.
c'mon folks - anything? recruiters, placement companies, dodgy contractors, ...?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: "body shoppers" ?
Answer
9/23/04 12:34 PM as a reply to Wannabe Worker.
I supose you are looking for Headhunter.
You just have to add your CV on monster.de stepstone.de jobpilot.de e.t.c.
Headhunters are checking it.

But I think, better option to get a job is to serch directly in company.
Best is when company searches for people on her homepage.
Than there are only few candidates.
If they advertise on monster.de they get 500 CVs and you without Visum don't stand a chance.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott