Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Change status of Visa

Toggle
Change status of Visa
Answer
7/3/04 3:06 AM
I am Indian, since three month I am in Germany for Business/Trainning I need to change my visa status and Get resident permit, Please any one has information regarding this help me??

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Change status of Visa
Answer
7/3/04 10:34 AM as a reply to Parth Patel.
1. Most probably you need to enter Germany with another type of visa.

This is a short explanation of the usual procedure:
a. Someone entered Germany with wrong visa.
b. Get out even if she/he would fullfill the requirements for entering.
c. Get in again with the correct visa from the german embassy.
d. Pay all expenses by yourself.

2. You need a working contract with an IT company.

3. You need a working permission.

4. You need a limited permission to stay.

All this according to Verordnung über Aufenthaltserlaubnisse für hoch qualifizierte ausländische Fachkräfte der Informations- und Kommunikationstechnologie:

http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aav_it.html

If you entered Germany for Business/Training having a visa of maybe 3 or 6 month exclusively for the purpose of Business/Training this can not be changed.

If the Ausländerbehörde makes an exception for high qualified IT personnel who entered the country with the wrong visa but having a working contract with an IT company when applying for change of status I do not know.

But I know quite for sure that if you do not have a working contract with an IT company it will be simple impossible.

Because there is a general recruiting stopp in Germany for foreigners from third countries except for high qualified IT personnel.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott