Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Tax Information

Toggle
Tax Information
Answer
5/17/04 3:53 PM
Hi All,

If someone can guide me about tax declaration - I will be highly thankful. During the last year 2003, I worked for 10 months as a student. Durign these 10 months, for some months I worked as full time. So payed lots of taxes. My employer told me you will get back these taxes at the end of the year.

From November I got a Green Card job and worked under different category for the last two months.

Now I dont know if I can get back those taxes which I payed as a student? Because in tax declaration there is nothing as such whether you payed taxes as a student or employee.

If someone have had such an experience, please share it with me.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys !
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax Information
Answer
5/17/04 4:22 PM as a reply to A S.
Hi,
It is true that you will get your tax paid as a student. The only thing you should do is attach the "immatriculation bescheinigung" for the two semesters in that year along with the other documents to prove that you worked as a student.
Hope this helps

Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/17/04 9:02 PM as a reply to A S.
Hi Raj,

Thanks a lot for this tip - definitely I will try this thing. But one thing, I have heard that it does not matter whether you are a student or not - it is the amount that one earns throughout the year. So this amount is averaged out and tax is calcualted on this total amount. Is this true? Or in this case there will be two different tax periods? One for 10 months and other for two months?

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/04 3:47 PM as a reply to A S.
Hi,
What you say about the total earning is also true. I was also in the same position as u in the year 2002. I worked as student[praktikum(6 months) and diplomarbeit(4months)] for almost 10 and the remaining two months as GC. I got back almost 80% of the total tax paid by me as a student as well as GC. So what you may loose is very less. Also you can apply for tax returns for all the expenses (like travel, postage etc) u incurred for getting this job.
Regards
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3