Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

GC or Normal Workpermit - which one is better

Toggle
Hi All,

I am an IT graduate from a german Uni, currently working as a Doktorand in a company. Recently I have signed a new job which starts from February. I have asked my employer which kind of workpermit he is going to apply for me - GC or normal one. He said normal one. I also asked him to get a unbefristet workpermit. He said he would try, but he could not promise.
After a short review of the ZuwG and its explanations, I can understand that if I get the GC workpermit it would be better than the normal one. Am I right?
Could you please suggest me which one should my employer try for me.
Thank you!

Best regards,

Mashud Kabir
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC or Normal Workpermit - which one is better
Answer
10/1/04 2:22 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
Hi Mashud

No, you are not right.

At the time you start working, GC law will be history. You have only chances to get a normal wp, but under the conditions of the new law with a little bit of luck you will be considered "Hochqualifizierte" (I think for your doctorate) and you could get a Niederlassungserlaubnis, that is better than our GC

Regards

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC or Normal Workpermit - which one is better
Answer
10/1/04 2:35 PM as a reply to Mashud kabir.
Hi Yo,

As a matter of fact I have to suspend my Doktorarbeit to join the job. May be I will resume the Doktorarbeit later under the same professor during my job. So I will not be a doctorate until next year.
After a telefone discussion with a lady from central office for GC issues in Bonn, I know that my employer can apply for a GC before 31.12.2004. It does not matter whether I join there in December or in February.
Now my question is which one would be better for me -
a normal workpermit or a GC workpermit?
As there is a possibility to get a PR for GC according to Verordnung des ZuwG § 46 (2), should I prefer the GC permit to normal one?

Thanks again.

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3