Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Part Time Greencard

Toggle
Part Time Greencard
Answer
3/21/04 1:40 PM
Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to work part time ( e.g. 20h/week) and have the green card visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Part Time Greencard
Answer
3/21/04 5:21 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
forget abt that, no possible.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/21/04 8:11 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
"forget abt that, no possible."

why not? i did not find anywhere any restrictions on part-time employment for green card holders.

the standard prerequisites however are in place: he must be employed on the same conditions as natives (§285 Abs.1 Satz 1 Nr.3 SGB III) and he must have an education which is equivalent or better than german Hochschule/Fachhochschule level (§2 Satz 1 Nr.1 IT-ArGV) or in case of insufficient education he must have minimum 51.000€ annual salary (§2 Satz 1 Nr.2 IT-ArGV).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/22/04 7:01 AM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
I think that a salary of €51000 for 20hours/week will be very difficult to find in Germany. Here in SouthAmerica ist impossible!
Is there any statistics about the average salary of the GCs?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/22/04 11:10 AM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Minimum 51.000€ annual salary limitation only applies in case of insufficient education.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/22/04 11:36 AM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Even if you have appropriate education you have minimum of circa 39000€ per year which is too much for 20h per week.

Dracus
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/22/04 12:12 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Hi folks

I guess is possible.

Atreides, maybe you can clarify if you already have your GC or want to get a GC.

To get a GC with a part time salary, I´m not so optimistic. If you already have a GC and you´ve got a part time jpb, I see it highly possible (allways depending on the local Arbeitsamt)

Please read the old forum and check the case:

http://oldwww.trust7.com/forum/message/7077/

Regards

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/23/04 4:47 AM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
"Even if you have appropriate education you have minimum of circa 39000€ per year which is too much for 20h per week."

LOL nothing is said in german Laws about minimal salary when you have an appropriate education. however, when you apply for your first work permit, local authorities want to be sure that you will have enough money to live in Germany; and as they also must prove a labour market, your application can be rejected because of situation on a labour market when in reality the reason was in too small salary. nobody wants to get a person who can apply for a social aid out of necessity *lol* ;)

now when you already worked in Germany, lost your job and are searching for a new one, an employment office wants you to find a new job as soon as possible so you can stop receiving unemployment benefit. moreover, they understand very well that you already have bought everything which is necessary for living here and therefore your expences are lower than they were when you just came here. so i guess they will have no problem with issuing you a new work permit when they see that your income from a part-time job exceeds your flat rent + social aid.

in German laws a part-time job for a foreigner is not prohibited, if conditions (salary) are not worse than those of native employees. for example, if natives with same profession in the same company get 50.000€ for 40 hours per week, it would be expected that foreigner gets 25.000€ for 20 hours per week.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/23/04 4:51 AM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
"Is there any statistics about the average salary of the GCs?"

for example:

http://www.gehalts-check.de/aspStatistik/Daten/StatistikIT.htm

i am sure a lot of other resources with similar information exist as well *lol* ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott