Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Future of GCs & Politicians

Toggle
Future of GCs & Politicians
Answer
3/3/04 3:25 PM
Just back from Ausländeramt. I guess it was a good moment to ask besides being given a prolonged residence, wether there is any knowledge how they will proced with people after the 5-years period. The gentleman there checked one of the million papers and said that the law says nothing on the subject but with a tendency to mean that the existing GC regulation is meant so as _not_ to allow people to stay after five years, adn even if they have more than five due to being here longer than their GC, this may also mean they can't expect an unlimited residence permit.

So. The point is. One knows nothing. I have to wonder daily what stage of insanity keeps me here, really. A governing body that decides to invite people fro five years, makes them earn a lot of money, gain experience and create connections, and then throw them out, makes no sense to me. I don't know about you. If anyone sees logic in this... I have been given till the end of the year and then have to prolong my work and residence, as till now they have been always for different time spans. This one year, if I have to be honest, will bring no new law. It will bring nothing. If one has some reason left, one will pack and get the hell out of here before one loses time and ability to establish status and life elsewhere - yes, with all resouces and potential one has.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Future of GCs & Politicians
Answer
3/3/04 5:23 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
All are quite "Grey" right now, as I mentioned before, the Auslaenderamt said the same thing. As I was in Arbeitsamt, they said, they is a possibility to changed my GC working permit to normal permit. But how true is true, I am not sure and will the Auslandersamt accept it, I am not sure too

cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/04 9:39 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
I just have a question here.
What is the difference between this normal work-permit and a GC except that 5 yrs duration.
Somewhere I learnt that under present law a GC cannot be extended after 5 yrs but a normal work-permit could be extended.
Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/04 11:41 AM as a reply to xio marenubis.
The _only_ difference is that a) you don't have to wait forever to get a permit if you have a job that is up to the rules, and b) after five years you will be disposed of. This is the current law. It says that one is not to work after 5 years but then it is open to interpretation as to wether one can work under a different law (one more reason to believe that it is a badly written one). Any way you look at it - if a country can let you sit here for five years or more and not be able to do anything constructive with your life, then they don't really give a damn - for you or ultimatively, for their own future. But I guess all this talk is senseless.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/04 2:28 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
Hello Guys,

I am in the same shoes as you are. Be positiv. Somehting will happen soon. Very soon. This is going to solve our problems with the permit. I have a good feeling we will know the truth by the end of May. Enough time to decide what to do.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/04 7:21 PM as a reply to xio marenubis.
Heh. I wish I shared your attitude, but I'm here for good four years now and there is little that actually changes. IF it does, I will take my words back :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott