Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Help Needed, Looking for a job in Germany.......

Toggle
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum & I need your help very badly. I didn't get a place where I can post a new question so, I'm doing it in this itself. Here goes my need:
I'm a Software Engineer working in the field of SAP as an ABAP'er in India in Bangalore for an MNC called ACCENTURE. Now my problem is that my husband has got a German assignment from his company for a period of 1.5 years. Without a choice left I have to resign my job & join him on a dependent visa which is very dissapointing for me to leave my job. I would like to know the options I'm left with to search/join a company in Germany.
I was told by someone to apply for IT Green card. As I have explained my situation above,
1. Is it possible for me apply for a GC before I come there? If yes how do I do it? If no what alternatives do I have?

2. What I understood by reading some questions & docs that to apply for a WP I need to have a job.

3. How do I apply for jobs in Germany from here? Any sites available?

4. I'm looking for a place nearby to Sttutgurt which is 200km from Frankfurt.

Please Guys/Gals I need your help to workout with my situation Please help me. As I'm new to this forum I'm not very familiar with brwising on this site. Please send me your answers to

bs.chethana@accenture.com (This is most important)

Eagerly waiting for your reply
Chethana
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Help Needed, Looking for a job in Germany.......
Answer
8/4/04 7:57 PM as a reply to Chethana Satish.
just try to contact ACCENTURE in Germany. They are always looking people with SAP skills and coming from the same company (but in another country) would be an advantage (of course, if they are the same company).

Regards,

Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/04 8:52 PM as a reply to Chethana Satish.
I don't know whether you can work on dependent visa or not. But once you are in germany, you can apply for jobs, and the company will apply for a Green Card for you.

What I can do is.....give some common list of websites to search for jobs

http://www.dv-treff.de/ (Exclusive for SAP)
www.jobpilot.de
www.jobware.de
www.stepstone.de
www.heise.de
www.jobstairs.de

Good luck !

If you get job in Germany you can enjoy happily your homelife with your family spending lots of time becoz working hours are very less compared to India.

Cheers and hope for the best

Viswatez
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/04 2:56 PM as a reply to Chethana Satish.
There’s no way that you can apply for GC directly, your employer does it, if he’s interested in employing you.
Even if you are on dependent visa you are allowed to search IT job in Germany (if you are not in IT area then the scenario will be different but, I don’t think so in your case cause, Accenture is a IT service provider)
If you are able to find a job Germany then your visa will be converted to GC.
Why don’t you try In Accenture itself?

Cheers
Rgahu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/04 5:57 PM as a reply to Chethana Satish.
U can work in Germany in a dependent visa only if you
work in the IT sector (which is in your case) and has a salary > 39000 Euro. For working in other sectors (non IT) one has to wait for 1 yr.
The job situation in Germany is quite depressing and without knowing a language chances are 1/100. Nevertheless, lots of companies (energy, post, etc) are adopting SAP platform. So the chances of getting a job is quite fair. Plz remember if both of you work, one of u will have to pay taxes of around 40-45%
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott