Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse visa (is there any way to solve this problem?)

Toggle
Dear all,

I am living in Germany since November 1999. I completed my Master's degree in Comp. Science and Comm. Eng. in Nov. 2001. Since March 2002, I am working for the Phd degree in Germany in the field of wireless communications . When I started as a Phd candidate, I got a job contract of two years (01.03.02-29.02.04) and it was called BAT-IIa and my visa (Aufenthaltsbewilligung) was also of two years. In my visa it was written that the work permit is given for carrying out Phd research at the University. So, later on 18.08.03, I got married and my wife applied for family reunion visa from Kathmandu, Nepal on 01.10.03. After submitting all the documents to Ausländerbehörde from here and after a long waiting time of 2-1/2 months, they rejected my wife's application for visa. The basic reason for visa rejection was that my PhD research is not funded by a scholarship programme, although I had a job contract.

From 01.05.04, the University changed the type of my job contract from BAT-IIa to C1 (Beamtenverhältnisse) which ends at 30.04.07(3 years). My new visa (Aufenthaltsbewilligung) is now valid up to next three years and in my visa it is written that the work permission is given for working as a scientific assistent at the university.

I am still afraid whether this is sufficient to bring my wife to Germany. Is there any law about foreigners which tells that only those funded by German scientific organization can bring their spouses to Germany? If that would be the case I will be never able to bring my wife because I am neither a GC holder nor funded by a scholarship programme. I am really in a difficult situation. If you know any ways, please help me.

Thank you
krishna
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse visa (is there any way to solve this problem?)
Answer
7/7/04 4:43 PM as a reply to Batu Chalise.
Hi Krishna,
Based on my own experience, I think the rejection of the visa might also be because of your staying permit ( which would have been ended in February,2004).

Ask your wife to apply to the Embassy again with your new visa copy and arbeitsvertrag. That you have three years visum would be the most important criterion to get the visa as you do have a fixed income.

You can personally write an E-mail to the visa officer in Nepal to reconsider her visa application. They really care for something like E-mails. Inquire at your local auslanderbehoerde also.

Asking the status of the application frequently is an effective way to quicken the process though they would not be that much happy fort that. But it really helps you.

Don't worry! I think they will issue the visa today or tomorrow. They sometimes make the process delay.

If you have further suggestion you are welcome to ask me! emoticon

Good luck.

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/04 4:58 PM as a reply to Batu Chalise.
Hi Krishna,

Maybe you can also write your question in the info4alien http://www.info4alien.de forum, where a lot of people that actually work in ABH can maybe help you more to structure your petition. I can imagine that three things could give you some plus points: if you have some money as a reserve (enough to sustain both of you for a year or at least to give her medical insurance), some knowledge of german on her part (some certificate of attending and approving some german course from the goethe insitute, for example) and maybe a health certificate, but only if you can somehow negotiate with the ABH this terms (they have some discretionary power), ask about any alternatives, but do this formally, don't let them get the impression that you are trying to bribe them or something, you have nothing to hide.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/11 8:06 PM as a reply to Batu Chalise.
hi krishna
may i have your contact no?, my wife's visa is rejected may be you can help me out..
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott