Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Do I need statement of comparability?

Do I need statement of comparability?
Answer
9/27/18 10:51 PM
Hi,

I soon plan to apply for a job seeker visa and the requirements on the embassies website say you need either screenshot from anabin website of your degree and university or a statement of comparability. My university is listed as H+ on Anabin but the exact degree is not listed, It is a Masters of IT and the Anabin lists different types of masters(applied science, business administration etc) but not IT from Australia or the university however under Suchen nach Abschlusstypen it mentions Masters degree by coursework, which gives details and says it's Gleichwertig, so would this be fine or would I need to separately ask for a statement of comparibility, see attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

Attachment

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Do I need statement of comparability?
Answer
9/28/18 11:35 AM as a reply to MJ.
I had same problem like yours, Master degree not listed in Anabin database, however, my university listed there.
However, I applied for Employment VISA as I had received work contracts.
I was under risk whether my VISA will approve or not as 
Luckily my VISA approved after 3 week, yes there was delay due to same, however, I am happy.

I believe you will get the VISA when you applied, however, if you do not want take any risk, you can get approved your degree  from ZAB, they take around 1 month for same.
Even I am planning to do the same in future, perhaps I may required for same while applying for Blue card
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/28/18 3:27 PM as a reply to Sunil.
Sunil:
I had same problem like yours, Master degree not listed in Anabin database, however, my university listed there.
However, I applied for Employment VISA as I had received work contracts.
I was under risk whether my VISA will approve or not as 
Luckily my VISA approved after 3 week, yes there was delay due to same, however, I am happy.

I believe you will get the VISA when you applied, however, if you do not want take any risk, you can get approved your degree  from ZAB, they take around 1 month for same.
Even I am planning to do the same in future, perhaps I may required for same while applying for Blue card
Hey Sunil,

Thanks for responding, so then with print out of university showing H+, did you include printout of what I have attached(which is basically abschlusstyp / completion type? or did you just put the university printout from anabin?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/18 11:59 AM as a reply to MJ.
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]I have carred print out of university showing H+ and attached same in Application set, however, VISA did not asked for same, he return that me as one of the not required document along with other docs.
Even My Master Degree Certificate size was more than A3 size, he refused to take same, he took only photo copy of Master Degree Certificate, he said thats fine for him 

I would recommend to carry [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif] print out of university showing H+ and attached to application set.
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]Let VISA officer take call whether he require or not. From some of the candidate I heard, they had not included in Application set and that time VISA officer asked them for same.

Its better to carry supporting document while VISA interview, they will take only what they want otherwise they return, in my cases they also returned me marklist of Master Degree also, they just take photo copy of Master Degree, might be VISA officer putting his comments while sending Application for further process

+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
10/2/18 6:18 AM as a reply to Sunil.
Sunil:
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]I have carred print out of university showing H+ and attached same in Application set, however, VISA did not asked for same, he return that me as one of the not required document along with other docs.
Even My Master Degree Certificate size was more than A3 size, he refused to take same, he took only photo copy of Master Degree Certificate, he said thats fine for him 

I would recommend to carry [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif] print out of university showing H+ and attached to application set.
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]Let VISA officer take call whether he require or not. From some of the candidate I heard, they had not included in Application set and that time VISA officer asked them for same.

Its better to carry supporting document while VISA interview, they will take only what they want otherwise they return, in my cases they also returned me marklist of Master Degree also, they just take photo copy of Master Degree, might be VISA officer putting his comments while sending Application for further process

Thanks for your detailed response Sunil, I think you applied from India and I am applying from Pak so may have a different experience but let's see. How long ago was this if I may ask?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/18 1:48 PM as a reply to MJ.
This is before 2 months back
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
11/16/19 12:49 PM as a reply to MJ.
Hi,

I recently put together a guide for searching the Anabin database that may be of help! You can see the guide here:

How to Check if Your Degree is Recognised in Germany Using the Anabin database

0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18