Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

60 months in pension system ?

Toggle
60 months in pension system ?
Answer
11/27/03 4:33 PM
Hi Detlef/Fellows.

Its mentioned on this page :

http://www.trust7.com/living_in_germany/immigration_law

that one has to put in 60 months of pension to be eligible for the permanent residence.. apart from other requirements for getting permanent residence..

but what happens during the unemployment period ? since frm my lil understanding, no one is paying pensions contributions that time...

would that mean that if someone was unemployed for 6 months, then that person would have to work 5 years [60months-6months of unemployment] plus another 6 months before he/she can be eligible for permanent residence ?

Nitin Malhotra
0 (0 Votes)

Re: 60 months in pension system ?
Answer
11/27/03 6:57 PM as a reply to Striker Me.
Hello
Per my knowledge, Arbeitsamt will pay the pension/health insurance during the unemployement period, if you are receving arbetislosgeld ofcourse..
in this case arbeitsamt is like your employer.
Regards
Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

info required - PR
Answer
2/2/04 12:28 PM as a reply to Striker Me.
Hi pple,
Iam looking forward for some information regarding 60 months RV.
I paid RV for a period of 14 months during my studies.Now i have been working from 42 months.So,my Q is, will I be eligible to apply for PR after 4 months??Or the RV which I paid during my studentship wont be considered...??am in dilemma..Any suggestion is deeply appreciated..
pramod.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/04 2:23 PM as a reply to Striker Me.
Hi,

As far as the law has clause for the 60 months pay to Pension which waves contribution to this pension during your study time. Which means during your last 5 years stay if you are studying for 24 months and working for the rest 36 months (including any unemployment period) you are elligible to apply for PR. Look at Jura database or consult with your lawyer.

Ahasan
0 (0 Votes)

Legal protection insurance (Rechtsschutzversicherung)
Answer
2/2/04 2:32 PM as a reply to Striker Me.
Hi GCs,

I guess most of us already know about this insurance. For all GCs or foreigners working in Germany on contract/project, should have such insurance. I believe it will save you whenever you have problems with your employer, traffic authorities (due to overspeeding/or any other offence), personal affairs (like appying for permanent residence under immigration law which allows you to apply for it if you are residing for 60 months in Germany or may be you are not getting the Childcare money of 307 Euro due to a missing marriage registration paper or something, etc), rented flats (often we get ghost bills from landlord/lady for extra nebenkosten or we get in trouble to get our security money back). A complete package costs 20 euro each month (Private, Profession/Job, Traffic, Rented Flats). If anyone is interested to know more about it, I can help. Good luck. This is just for info for those who are not aware of it.

Lets say, if you erroneously overspeed more than 21 over the permitted on the highway, you will get points, notice, fine and even in worse case to Nachschule (advance seminar) which costs around 400 Euro and even driving ban of some months can be added on top of it. In such case if you have a lawer's insurance, simply on receipt of any letter (Anhorung) from Traffic Authorities, simply deny that it was you. They claim that they have a photo take by the Camera. But they can not prove anything with that phot that it was you, because think of your speed and the photo only shows a shadow of you. The lawyer knows all tricks to help you get rid of such problems.

Ahasan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/04 2:37 PM as a reply to Striker Me.
You could take this as argument at Auslaenderbehoerde. But I suggest you go there personally to clarify it with them.

Finaly, they are the one who gives you the answer (good or bad news).

Let us know the result :-) all the best! I still have 2 more years to my final 5 years resident, and I will see whether I get the PR or not.

DD
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/04 3:46 PM as a reply to Striker Me.
Thanks Ahasan fro ur quick response!
i gonna see a Lawyer to get more info on it.
I would appreciate if we discuss more on this issue while lot of pple are not aware of RV and stuff.If you more information,please share with us.
Well DD i gonna share the result with the people out here and around.

cheersemoticon
pramod.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/04 4:15 PM as a reply to Striker Me.
Hi,

please be aware, that the 60 month rule is a part of the new!! Immigration Law, which is still not in effect :-(

The next meeting of the 'Vermittlungsausschuß' of the Bundesrat is on the 27th of February.

Here are the latest news:

http://www.netzeitung.de/deutschland/271424.html

Viele Grüsse aus Berlin
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/04 6:03 PM as a reply to Striker Me.
Hello,
At the very beginning of my green card, after the 3rd month, I've lost my job and I was jobless for 1 month. Then I received a letter from the Krankenkasse that I need to pay for this month the healt insurance my myself, about 100 EUR. (We are not supported by Arbeitsamt if we lose our jobs before the 12th month.)
But, I suppose, the pensions insurance is something different. Do somebody knows something about this? Is it possible to pay some, probably basic amount, and to be sure that my pension insurance doesn't have gaps?

Regards,
P.Petrov
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/04 7:40 PM as a reply to Striker Me.
Go to <a href="http://www.bfa.de/ger/ger_versicherung.2/ger_pflichtfreiwillig.20/ger_20_index.html">this</a> link of the BfA to read about the posibilites.

regards,
A. Alvarez
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3