Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

am I allowed to study

Toggle
am I allowed to study
Answer
2/4/04 11:57 AM
Hi,
I have been working in Germany for almost more than 2 years with GreenCard.
I would like know,
whether am I allowed to study in a university at the same time while working.(if not atleast parttime studies).
And what is the actual procedure for that.

Thanks & Regards,
Jelda
0 (0 Votes)

Re: am I allowed to study
Answer
2/4/04 6:34 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
Most of the University allow you to study but you must proof that you have:
1. Visa
2. German language test (DSH) / you had study german in German's Uni...

Unfortunately our visa ist for working not for studying. First I suggest you select which course you like to do (maybe without German language) and ask the Uni person about what you nedd to have. Then go to Auslandersamt and talk to them. Some GC have manage to get VIsa for study.

DD
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/04 6:52 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
If you want to study in English there are many Universities where you will be taught entirely in English. As long as you have Visa and you are a legal resident of Germany, you are allowed to study but in some conditions:
1. You can not be Unemployed while studying
2. You must get admission in a University of Higher Education

The best way, as DD said, first contact your University of Choice and every German University has Foreign Office where you can ask if they will allow you to enroll for a program on part-time basis (if it is offered in part-time) and they will guide you on the right path.

To find a good course use www.campus-germany.de

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/6/04 12:36 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
Hi,
Thank you very much for your replies.
As you suggested, I will be on my way to search for my interested program.
As I live in Munich, I hope it wouldn't be so much problematic to find an interesting course.
Though the following question is not at all related to this forum, please give me ur advices if you could.
I am also interested in joining a biginner course for playing a Guitar or Keyboard. Are there any universities that offer for bigginners and would be better having evening courses.(Looking for not expensive course).

neway thanks again,
Regards,
Jelda
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/6/04 6:34 PM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
Hello Jelda,

You can try these schools who offers Guiters & Keyboard as well as other music instruments:

www.ohrwurmmusic.de
www.getm.de
www.heinzkaestner.de
www.abraxas-musical-akademie.de

For an exhaustive list visit http://www.meinestadt.de/muenchen/branchenbuch?code=2790&title=Musikschulen

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/04 2:39 AM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
Hello Jelda,

Could you share your experience with me if you get more information on this subject ?

I am also wondering If I could study arts or music in Germany.

Thanks in advance,

Atreides
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/04 11:52 AM as a reply to Bobby Kuna.
HI Ahasan,
I am really thankful for your information. I started doing research on this institutes which suits me well.Thanks really.

Hi Atreides,
I will surely let you know about. Today or tomorrow I am going to meet a professor in the Music school(In Munich).
If you know comeacross ne information in between let me know too..

Regads,
jelda
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3