Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Spouse Work Permit

Toggle
Spouse Work Permit
Answer
6/11/04 7:26 PM
Hallo Ppl,

It will soon be one year since my wife converted her visa as a dependent to a GC. I know that there will be new rules etc.. however, I do know that with the old GC rule, the dependent can get work permit after one year provided there is no european to fill the job.

Now my wife has been offered jobs from two different companies. Is it possible to go to the Arbeitsamt with the two contracts and they will make a check for both of these positions? The contracts are of six month duration?

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Sun
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse Work Permit
Answer
6/25/04 2:29 AM as a reply to sun gc.
I suppose there will be no additional checks, once the initial check is being made. On her (next) job she only has to fullfill the reqs for the GC job (IT job!).

mobilink
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/25/04 11:59 AM as a reply to sun gc.
Hi Sun

Please, say your wife don´t loose her time. Mobilink is right.

If she is already a GC, the work check is already made. She DOESN´T need to ask in the Arbeitsamt. This is clearly stipulated in the GC regulation (I have an English broschure - If you want to send you this, please post your mail).

So, first she have to study both proposal, second decide by one of those and once she have a work contract with the new firma, she has to go to the Arbeitsamt to change the name of the firma in the Arbeitserlaubnis.

So, congratulations, you choose, not the Arbeitsamt

Regards

YO
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/25/04 3:07 PM as a reply to sun gc.
lol you guys probably understood it not correctly. i understood it that he said that his wife has a "bound to a GC" residence permit about 1 year; you think that he said that his wife has a GC residence permit. lol Sun who is right?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/28/04 11:37 PM as a reply to sun gc.
Two years after she gets the aufenthaltserlaubnis she is entitled to get arbeitsberechtigung. This is an unlimited and unconditional work permit.
Funny thing is that GCs can obtain the same thing if both have independent aufenthalserlaubnis, thus no long having greencard status, but allowed to work at no conditions or time limit.

Mobilink
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/04 8:47 PM as a reply to sun gc.
Hi Sun,
I'm in the same situation where ur wife was an year back. I will be joining my husband in Germany(Sttutgurt) as a dependent. Right now I'm working for an MNC called Accenture in SAP as an ABAPer. Even I want to find a job in Germany which I'm realizing is too difficult(after going through some questions in this forum).
Any way could you please guide me how to apply for a GC being a dependent who wish to work? Please do reply me to my id

bs.chethana@accenture.com

Thanking you
Chethana
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7