Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

GC programm deadline, urgent answer pls

Toggle
Dear Friends,

as we know, the GC programm is prolonged until 31.12.2004
I am from Hungary (Ungarn), and I plan to be a GC-candidate in a short time.
As far as I know, the procedure is as follows (correct me, if i'm wrong):

1. Vertrag (Contract)
2. Zusicherung für Arbeitserlaubnis
3. Green Card

MY QUESTION IS: the above DEADLINE (31.dec.) is FOR WHICH STEP (1., 2., or 3.) ???
(and: is it possible, that the programm will be prolonged again for a later deadline in 2005 ?)

I need an urgent answer on this, as the deadline is coming very fast. Thanks for your answers in advance.

lk
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC programm deadline, urgent answer pls
Answer
11/8/04 3:07 AM as a reply to laszlo kokenyesi.
Hi, you are from Hungary, Hungary belongs to EU, why do you need a GC to work in Germany?

Despite that, if you really want to get GC, By the way, the deadline for Greencard is 31.12.2004, you must be quick. An answer for an application takes about 1 month, and personal interview will also take another month probably, because Germans a little slow in formalities. I am afraid you dont have much time. On the other hand, as I told you, you are from Hungary, it must be different for you (you belong to EU). Please read forums carefully and also please consult your local authorities.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/04 3:14 AM as a reply to laszlo kokenyesi.
Vertrag and GC will come together. Arbeitserlaubnis will be addressed in your passport. They will give you a temporary permit. I will get my GC in a few days, the company I applied said so.

I applied the position in the company in March. We got phone interview in May. Personal interview in August. They decided me 2 weeks ago. This can give a picture how the things go in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/04 12:06 PM as a reply to laszlo kokenyesi.
Thanks for your answer! For Your question: although Hung. is in EU now, there is a regulation, that we from Central Eastern Europe (new members in EU) still need GC, work permit, whatever... But if GC and contract comes together, i'm almost sure, that I can make it till the deadline... emoticon) And BTW i am a fluent german speaker (maybe that is something that helps).

Certainly it would be better to have more time.. do you now, how many times the GC program was extended so far in the past years? Is there a chance that it will be prolonged again? Thx for your answer.
kl
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/04 12:40 PM as a reply to laszlo kokenyesi.
"BTW i am a fluent german speaker (maybe that is something that helps)", it always helps.
"do you now, how many times the GC program was extended so far in the past years?", once.
"Is there a chance that it will be prolonged again?", no chance at all, even in my wildest dreams.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/04 2:42 PM as a reply to laszlo kokenyesi.
by the way, I also speak good german (not fluently but pretty good). knowing german language is a bonus to ease their decision but does not speed up the procedure very much. you must apply as many jobs as soon as possible and since Hungary is geographically close to Germany, i think it wont be difficult to organize a personal interview.

Finding jobs and getting GC is completely dependent upon the job branch, company's policy, your communication with company and your skills. But generally i can say it takes about 3 months of time to get a GC, if everything works well.

I am tracing http://jobs.de for 3 years. in the first 2 years open positions were 8000 but this year this increased to 12000. it seems that economy and job openings are going better. but this doesnt give a clear picture upon your area you will work for.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/8/04 9:29 PM as a reply to laszlo kokenyesi.
I must add a correction to what i have said. i have received the vertrag just now and also a "Antrag auf Arbeitsgenehmigung". No GC has come. I must sign the Antrag and send it to the company as soon as possible so that company gets GC from Arbeitsamt. it will take 1 week there to get it. Then they will send the GC papers to me, so that I can apply for visa. I am from Turkey therefore I need a visa.

I think the same condition applies to all applicants who wants GC.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott