Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Just showin' up at the company?

Toggle
Just showin' up at the company?
Answer
3/16/04 5:00 AM
Hi all, it's me again.

last week I came across an advert for an IT job at the Arbeitsamt website, sent my CV there but had no reply since then.

The fact is that the company is nearly at the corner of the street I'm living in :-) So I was just thinking of popping up there dressed like for an interview with all my documents and stuff, asking for the person mentionned on the ad and do I dunno what :-)

Is it something feasible, because I don't want to mess my chances up.

Thanks for replying.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Just showin' up at the company?
Answer
3/16/04 4:38 PM as a reply to NoBody.
it is very common situation, never expect company calling u right away after receiving your CV. One of my german frds told me that project manager ususally piles the CVs on the table for serveral weeks b4 starting to look at it. It's matter of time, take your patience, it will come sooner or later, either accept or reject, u will be notofied. r u in hurry to find a job? if it is, try some other companies at meanwhile instead of waiting. It is impolite to visit the company without an appointment in advance, probably they don't even know u if no one read your CV yet. (will u be comfortable to receive a visit from your frd at any time without noticing u in advance?). If u really want to do that, give a call b4 doing that. good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/16/04 8:58 PM as a reply to NoBody.
It will b very impolite to visit a place where ur not required.
Possibly they have seen ur CV and may not b interested in u.
If u go there personly and kncok there door u will give them an impression of a begger.

Better choose a honourable way.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/16/04 9:17 PM as a reply to NoBody.
I will suggest that you go for it. You have nothing to lose anyway and I guess it also shows that you are interested in the job specifications and the firm (not necessarily that you are a beggaremoticon So do a bit of research about the company beforehand so that if they ask you for a sitin interview, you might just make it..

Cheers

Billy
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3