Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

SAP? You said "SAP"?

Toggle
SAP? You said "SAP"?
Answer
1/15/04 8:52 PM
Hi all,

I'm tired of reading job offers and skipping them as soon as I read the word "SAP" in it.
Could some1 tell me where I could find some beginner and/or advanced info on SAP?

All help will be appreciated.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: SAP? You said "SAP"?
Answer
1/16/04 2:07 AM as a reply to NoBody.
www.sap.de

;-)

SAP is an extremely complex business application software used by many (if not most) large international companies. SAP is *the* standard solution for running the business processes in large companies, a bit like Microsoft Office is the standard for word processing and speadsheets.

SAP is one of the few - and certainly by far the largest and most well known - German software companies which have international reputation.

Unfortunately knowledge on SAP cannot be acquired by installing a 30 day trial demo at home and reading a few manuals ;-) The training market for SAP alone is huge.

I don't know how people usually get "into" SAP, I guess probably by applying for junior SAP jobs in times where the IT job market is generally much hotter than now.

It's certainly worth it as there always seems to be great demand for SAP developers.

Marc
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/04 12:29 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Thanks Marc.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/04 4:09 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Buy the book "ABAP Objects: Introduction to Programming SAP Applications" (available in both english and german), it comes with a mini SAP system, which is a nightmare to set-up, but once you do it, you are on the right path, I think you can also get the mini SAP for linux for the price of the media. Also there are many user-level courses that can be taken as an introduction.

Regards,
Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3