Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

German Style CV

Toggle
German Style CV
Answer
6/23/04 2:46 AM
Hello,

I need to write an Lebenslauf of mine to be given to IHK, Arbeitsamt etc.

I am not sure about the format such amt's are used. Can anybody give me some hints ?

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Re: German Style CV
Answer
6/23/04 12:07 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Just do it in a normal one, but do it in German :-) And keep it as shortly long as possible. As you wanna give it to the IHK, it can mean you wanna propose something to them in that case, underline what you have done before which can be a good point to what you would like to do.

If you can write down your mail, I may send you the one I was using when looking for a job.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/04 12:32 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
I would recommend you to buy a book that explains how to do it really "German Style".

One of the best, is in my opinion, "Das Hesse/Schrader-Bewerbungshandbuch." (http://www.berufsstrategie.de/buch.cfm?isbn=3821838175)

Other books (http://www.berufsstrategie.de/buecher.cfm?step=1&order=BUTITEL)

In general, one should always read such books, and prepare and keep the CV current, while in employment. Most people wait until something happens to hastily make some bad resume that won't get any interviews, and then they start to improve it, but then two or three months are already lost. Unfortunately a good cv takes a lot of time, so the best is to be prepared.

Cheers, and Good Luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/04 12:42 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Hi,

The CV format is available in 13 languages (European Union and European Economic Area) at the below address.
These sample CVs are standard of European Union.

http://www.cedefop.eu.int/transparency/cv.asp

Kind Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/04 1:13 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Thank hrk, the link is very useful, I'm already changing my CV to this format so I can have one compliant to the EU format, as far as I'm living and working here.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/04 4:02 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
The European CV idea is a really good one, thanks for the link hrk.

Nobody, my email address is mderdem at yahoo.com . I would appreciate if you could send me what you have.

Thanks in advance,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/04 4:07 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
One more issue related to CV writing and reading practices in Germany.

I am afraid, CVs are one of the things which should not be looking worse than what people generally receive.

I have seen that in Germany, delivering a photo with the CV is almost standard. Additionaly I have seen CVs printed on high quality glossy papers and delivered in nice files.

As I evaluated CVs in my previous work in another country, I would ignore all such decorative elements like paper and file.

How important are these esthetical details to the evaluators in Germany ? Are they standards one *must* comply with ?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/04 5:57 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Hello Nobody,

can you send me the cv you used in searching a job?
my email is dony_r at web.de

Thanks a lot
Dony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/04 1:04 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Please anybody tell me If I can enlist sections in my CV in the following sequence:
1. Personal information;
2. Professional skills; here I enumerate languages and programs I use; For example:
Delphi 7
Interbase 5.6
etc.
3. Work Experience;
4. Education and training;
The next sections are equivalent to ones from the standard CV.

If I've done it wrong, in what place of CV I have to put my professional skills.

With all my appreciation, Nikolay Zubrovskyy.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/04 1:29 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Hi NoBody,

Can you send me your CV to my email id also ? ;-)
The one which you used for searching Job. The Job I have now is only till February.
bnaganand@yahoo.com

Thanking you,
N
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/04 3:06 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
I have to see if I got one on hands.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/04 3:11 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Hi nzbr,

in a CV, the Work experience has to come before the skills.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/04 3:31 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Some people asked me the German CV I was using when searching for a job, instead of getting it by mail, just download it at this link.

It's quite big (8 pages) but done according to the EU format.

http://www.websdexter.com/cv/cv_format_de_dwa.doc

- Don't pass it along, I'm not searching for a job now, it's just for info.
- No spamming, the info (email, phone, fax...) in the CV are true.
- No need to contact my previous employers about me, they've been requested and asked to say nothing without contacting me first.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18