Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Unclear oracle problem with getting response of query

The problem is very unclear,

I have an application server, that constructs queries and sends it to Oracle to get response.

The Oracle database is installed on a high perfomance server:
Linux 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Tue Mar 16 21:52:39 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The application server was tested on different locations inside of the intranet, including that high perfomance server, where the database is located.

Several versions of the application server (from old to newest) were tested also.

The problem:

When the application server sends a query to the oracle apps dba, it has to wait for about 300 seconds to get response and construct logged output.

But when I'm connecting to the database with PL/SQL Developer and running that query using that IDE, I'm getting a response in less than one second.

Is there something familiar for you, guys?

We're just cracked our heads trying to determine where the problem could be located.

If you need more information - I'll update this post immediately.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott