Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Salary increment

Toggle
Salary increment
Answer
11/21/07 7:38 PM
Hello to all,

I am doing my job (as SWE) from Last one year in one consultancy (small one with 35 employees). This week i discussed with my employer about my salary increment. He agreed to give me 10% hike, But he wants to give in some other way, saying that i(myself) can save (or earn) more in this way..He gave me some otions to choose, and also he asked me that if i have any other wish to get that money.

His options...
1. He will pay my room rent every month (its around equalent to 10% of my salary).

2. 5% hike in salary and other 5% as in room rent.

3. Sponsership for driving licence.

4. if i dont agree for any of the above options, may be he will me as 10% hike in my salary.

what i want to know is :

choosing one of his options is better for me?

or to go for salary hike only?

and why he wants to give in some other way?

Please send me your suggations.
Thank you
sinu.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Salary increment
Answer
11/22/07 3:56 PM as a reply to ka sr.
All of the above options have advantages and disadvantages. You should be happy that he has agreed to increase your salary in any forms.

Personally I would agree on getting the house rent if this is equal to 10% of your brutto. But you should have something written.

If your employer does not agree to give you any written form for your house rent paying, go for 10% increase of your salary. Ofcourse you should get it in written form.

br
mk
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3