Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Hartz iv and family

Toggle
Hartz iv and family
Answer
4/4/11 8:16 PM
Dear Trust,
I am on Hartz iv. I have a family of four ( 2adult and 2 achildren). I recently got a job offer in the us.
Is it possible that if I go to US alone then my family continues to receive the hartz iv. If I have to do this what should I tell the sozial amt.
Thanks in advance
GlanPlon
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Hartz iv and family
Answer
4/4/11 10:04 PM as a reply to ping pong.
Oh! yes, it is possible! You just have to tell them you will work in the US without any money!

Probably you do not know what is "Hartz iv", do you?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/11 11:47 PM as a reply to ping pong.
Thanks Moin,
I dont know much about the hartz iv, I only cared i the geld is credited or not.
Please tell me what is hartz iv in this context
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/11 2:05 PM as a reply to ping pong.
Lovely, you do not know but you are enjoying it! Well, if you really want to know it please check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartz_concept (first entry of the google search)!

Read it too:
To receive payments, claimants must agree to a contract subject to public law. This contract outlines what they are obliged to do to improve their job situation, and when the state is obliged to help. Unemployed persons may be forced to accept any kind of legal job. This compulsion is restricted by constitutional rights, like freedom of movement, freedom of family, marriage and 'human dignity'. If taking on a specific placement is deemed reasonable by the responsible agency, not applying will result in a reduction or even complete suspension of the appropriate payment.

I think you are not going to do your job in the US without money. Once you earn money then why you need state help (assume the earning is above the hartz iv limit)? The opposite attitude shows that someone is trying to cheat!

I wonder why you even think that you want to get the hartz iv while earning money!??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/11 6:42 PM as a reply to ping pong.
Thanks Moiin for the detailed information.
My German is not really good enough to understand loads of pages written about Hartz IV but now you have sent info in english that is helpfull.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/6/11 3:22 PM as a reply to ping pong.
@glanplon that is strange when you say your German is not good it means you are here on temporary visa also getting the benefit of Hartz IV,please make sure you can only enjoy this benefit for few months and if you don't find a good job here soon you will have to return to your home country.If you found the job in US then take your family along with you but its not possible to get Hartz IV for them when you have a job.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/11 8:11 PM as a reply to ping pong.
Today I got a letter from sozial amt giving me a reduced payment. This payment is in my wifes name and is meant for my family minus myself. Since I am going away to US and leaving my family here.
This is perfectly doable and depends on the vermittlung. They have a rule like that. I showed her the offer letter. She was impressed by that.
I always updated them about interviews etc. So it depends on how well you get along with the vermittlung at sozial amt. I think qualification and work ex plays a key role helps the sozial amt in deciding how they go about your case.
Some times I used to call them up to ask for advice. They were always ready to help. Not only did the advice regarding job and interview help me but it also created a positive environment of interaction.

Intention is to share this info with everyone. Sozial amt is not as cold as they pretend. With me they even spoke in english.

Sorry for my not so good German but I always worked in an international place in Germany and did not have much oppertunity to work on language.
I must thank all the people at Trust7 who have answered my queries diligently. Thanks Moin Prasad and everybody else
GlanPlon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18