Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Freie Berufe

Toggle
Freie Berufe
Answer
2/4/10 1:12 PM
Hi all,
I know that in Germany there are some professions which are called Freie Berufe, such as engineers, tax consultants and so on... Does anyone know how to start a business as a Freiberufler? I mean what steps can someone take to start such a business? Normally it should be much simpler than starting a company as GmbH, etc...
Thanks in advance!
Ze
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Freie Berufe
Answer
2/4/10 4:25 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi,

It would be easy and precise for someone to answer your query, if you are more specific on your current visa status in Germany.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/10 4:40 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi nomad13
thanks for your reply!
In the meanwhile, I have the german citizenship.
Ze
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/5/10 7:08 AM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
1) Get a Good Tax lawyer.
2) register with Gewerbeamt.
3) Goto finanzamt and apply for a tax number. You can also get this done via Tax lawyer.
4) check with you bank if your current account can be used to accept payments for Einzelunternehmen

Point 2 is not necessary if your education is in the same line as your profession. This will save you extra taxes if you cross 24500 Eur per year.

You can start as freelancer immediately even when the points 1,2,3 are in progress. Only thing is unless you get a tax number you cannot send invoices.

regards
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/5/10 12:34 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi Savion
thanks a lot for your answer.
Do you mean a "Steuerberater" when you write Tax Lawyer?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/5/10 3:00 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
What he calls a "Tax laywyer" is in fact a Tax Advisor, which is as you asked the Steuerberater.
The point 2 has to be done only if you want to register yourself as a Gewerbe, which is not mandatory, it depends on the sector you want to work in.

Go to http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freiberuf and you will see the list of professions which don't need to be registered as Gewerbe.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/10 12:41 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Thanks a lot for the info!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/10 2:34 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi again
i still have another question regarding freiberuf. if someone starts a freiberuf beside his employment job. (lets say only 8 hours per week of freiberuf). Is this at all possible? and does it affect the krankenversicherung? (like the krankenversicherung will be paid partly from the freiberuf job?)
Thanks!
Ze
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/10/10 8:48 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
My friend also work freiberuf but before he got permission from his employer.But I do not know if you need permision. Best ask employer before to avoid trouble.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/10 12:07 AM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Dear all,

I would like to know is it possible for me to have a freelance working permit.
My Visa valid till end of 2010 and I have "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet" following rules: §18 Abs.4 S.1 AufenthG i.V.m. §9 BeschVerfV.

I would very appreciate your comment.

Thanks,

Come2nord
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/10 9:04 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
@come2nord

You don't need a special work permit for that, the EG mentioned in your visa suffice.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/10 9:37 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
I am employed by a company. In parallel, I am looking forward to carry a project as “freiberufler” for 3-4 months for another company.
I registered myself as freiberufler and received a Tex Number. Normally one need a Steuerberater to take care of Tex stuff. In my case, I am planning to carry out 1-2 projects only and just for few months.
Would it still be suggested to hire a Steuerberater?
Regrads
Adeel
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/10 10:17 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
@adeel28

When I was employed, I used to do my tax declaration alone and it worked out fine. And I then switched to Freiberufler and grounded my own company, and I tried to do my tax declaration alone the first time, it was back in 2006, all I can tell you is that tax declarations for Freiberufler are so tricky that I can only advise you to get a tax advisor. It will cost you some, but at least, you will be able to get everything right.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/10 11:01 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Thanks for the reply. I hope you could help me a bit to understand the tricky part of the process.

I would carry out a projects. I would write a bill and receive money. Now I assume, paying tax to Finanzamt from the amount I receive would be the main tricky part. Right?
Actually, what I am worrying is that I may need to do this just 2 times in whole year. The Steuerberater will do the job just 2 times a year and take fee every month for 12 months. it may not be profitable anymore.
Regards
adeel
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3