Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Pension Refund (Rente - Beitragserstattung)

Toggle
Hi all,

I have searched trust7, googled and browsed trust7faq and bfa regarding this topic.
But still i am not clear due to rather recent inclusion of India in Abkommensstaaten.

In trust7faq, it is mentioned as
"The countries listed under "Abkommensstaaten", have a special agreement with Germany, and so it is possbile to transfer your pension to that country."

My case in brief: Indian Citizen having NE, Worked in Germany for more than 5 years

If I relocate to India

* Can I apply for Pension Refund after a waiting period of 2 years?
* Where I have to apply?
* What are the documents required?

If somebody have applied already, please share your experience.

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Pension Refund (Rente - Beitragserstattung)
Answer
4/11/10 9:40 AM as a reply to Rahul P.
i don't know the law in toto, But i believe that the agreement is for Expats who wish to be sent by their companies in foreign countries. This agreements would avoid indian companies in paying pension to german pension fund on the condition that the parent company in india would get that person back to india and also that the parent company would contribute the pension to indian pension fund. And the german companies would do likewise.

You can get your pension fund back. I have got mine in Aug 2009, even though i was for 7 years in Germany plus a NE plus a possibility to return to Germany even after staying out for more than 6 months.
1) I deregistered from Germany in Oct 2008, so i did not wait for 2 years. Dont know if this is the rule but did not apply in my case.

2) You have to apply in Pension office. search on the net where your office branch is.

3) Documents required.
* Unmeldung form
* Passport copy with a stamp of your home country immigration.
* Filled form for the purpose.
* Bank account number (I had given my German bank account as i had kept it open for the purpose.)

Rest is left to the person prosessing your application. remember they are govt servants its not as fast as the German cars :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/10 11:25 AM as a reply to Rahul P.
Thank you savion.

It is interesting that you haven´t even wait for 2 years. So you got is within one year.

* Is it possible to apply from India after moving?
* Is Abmeldung compulsory and what to do if it was not done while moving out?

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/10 7:31 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
i got it as i followed the law. you can also apply for refund from india. but if you did not do abmeldung then pls come after 67 years to DE and collect it as pension or just forget it.
Not sure what should i call it here. Ignorance or stupidity. Why cant you just follow the law of the land. you go to germany and dont do abmeldung means you are following your own law.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/13/10 10:01 AM as a reply to Rahul P.
Thank you savion.

I have asked the questions in my second post based on "What will be the case if ...". I will follow the correct steps. Thank you for your effort in anwsering my queries.
Again the question arises out of curiosity, How can a person make Abmeldung if he/she travel to Home country and for some reasons they can´t come back in time(6 months period), due to some medical reasons.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott