Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Single status certificate for marriage

Toggle
Dear all ,

I am in a weird situation right now and I would sincerely ask for your suggestion.

My partner who is German and me an Indian national wants to get married soon. In this regard we been to standesamt and they asked for birth certificate, which I have and a certificate or affidavit saying I am single. Which can be from India or consulate here in Germany.

I rang Indian consulate in Hamburg and they hesitated to issue such a thing. I realise to a certain degree that Indian officials are not aware of my background.

Has anyone of you been this situation, I would sincerely ask for your comments or suggestions in this matter.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best ,
A poor soul in trouble
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Single status certificate for marriage
Answer
7/8/11 12:36 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
No one has undergone this procedure? Would appreciate your experiences
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/11 7:37 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hi arahlucky,

You are stuck between two bureaucratic systems. Here you need single certificate and there she needs single certificate and special marriage act as you follow other related threads.

Why don't you go for simple method? somewhere other than india or germany? It's simple, cheap and nice honeymoon ;)

Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/11 8:37 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hello Perfekt ,

Thanks for your suggestion, Denmark is always a plan B. We were planning to do it in Germany for a lovely ceremony.

What bothered is my consulate was not able to help. Its slightly disturbed me.

Cheers,

A.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/11 1:24 AM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hi A,

Anyway there could be better & easier place than "Denmark".

"ceremony", you can organize at later point. I don't know if it's related to belivers stuff ;)

It it not just your consulate, this is every consulate story. You'll just need to find your way.

Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/11 2:18 AM as a reply to Anonymous.
Thank you for your supportive suggestions, really appreciate it.

cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/18/11 9:23 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hello,

I think consulates are in general in a difficult position when their fellow countrymen ask for something that could potentially help them to circumvent immigration filters of the host country.

I don't know if you solved your problem already, but if you haven't and that certificate is the only thing you need, probably a family member in your home country can help you to get it and mail it to you.

Wish you the best of lucks!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/11 9:19 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hi arahlucky,

i think we are both sailing on the same boat...Well im planning to get married to a french guy who i met in germany (Hamburg---- thats where im living right now).... and hunting information about the Single status certificate and the certificate of freedom to marry .......after reading ur plea.... im stuck i donno how to proceed....incase u have figured out how to get these certificates do reply....

cheeers!!!
a more troubled soul far away from home!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/11 12:31 AM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hello ,

First of all, is this marriage or civil partnership? Ask your standesamt what exactly they need. In my case they accepted a notary document from my home town in india declaring that i am single. Hope this helps.

good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/11 12:51 AM as a reply to Anonymous.
its a wedding.... which will be in france......

thanks alot for your reply.....

Can you tell me what and how you got

Certificate du coutome or comonaly called as Certificate of freedom to marry!!!!

thanks once again
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18