Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Permanent residence permit

Toggle
Permanent residence permit
Answer
6/23/11 3:40 PM
Dear honourable members of the forum, I have a problem and kindly ask for your best answers.

I have been living in Germany for 8 years. I arrived in 2003, did my masters and PhD. After which I have worked as postdoc.

My postdoc contract ended in February 2011 and with it, my residence permit. However, I was given one year (the one year usually given after completion of studies to search for work).

This will expire in February 2012.

I currently receive unemployment benefits.

My question is this, since I do not know if I will secure a job before february 2012, is it possible to apply for permant residency even though I receive unemployment benefit (Abeitlossengeld 1)?

Thanks a million in advance for any information concerning my eligibility.

Makol
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Permanent residence permit
Answer
6/23/11 8:40 PM as a reply to Ngwa George.
I do not know of similiar case in forum. I think problem will be to show you have enough money. But why not try anyway because you are more than five years here in Germany and Arbeislosgelt is not hartz iv.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott