Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Connection between Work Permit and Residence Permit

Toggle
I am an Indian by birth, working in Germany since 2004 with a German Work Permit. I am currently planning to switch my job and this is where I would like to have your expert advice. Let's say, my current company is CURRENT and my new company is NEW.

Now my understanding is:
1. Company NEW should apply for a new Work Permit for me
2. The moment I resign from CURRENT, my existing Work Permit (Arbeitalaubnis) stands void

If this is true, then what happens to my Residence Permit (Aufenthalalaubnis)? Does it also get cancelled along with it?

The reason why am I asking is, to resign from company CURRENT I have to return India and then resign (this is part of my company rule). What happens to my present residence status then?

Can I leave my wife (who is on dependent visa) here, go back to India, resign from company CURRENT, travel back to Germany with a new Work Permit and then join company NEW?

I am not sure if this is a normal situation and where should I have to go to get this information. So I thought of asking you experts in this Forum.

Thanking you in advance. I look forward to your responses.

Regards,
SanK
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Connection between Work Permit and Residence Permit
Answer
7/12/07 5:09 PM as a reply to Aladdin.
Sank,

I was exactly in same situation as you. What i did is as follows
1) Before going to India i changed my Visa from AE to BE (Beschäftigung Erlaubt). With this i can work for any company in my profession. this was IT. Since i had already completed 3 years, as per law i could skip Market check also called as AMC.
For changing my visa i took the help of VPMK lawyers but u can decide it for your self. I took the lawyers service as short of time.

2) Your wifes Visa remains the same as she is on a dependent Visa.

3) Go to india and give your Resignation to the old company.

Regards
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/07 7:44 PM as a reply to Aladdin.
Hello Savion,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I think I should have mentioned that my current Residence Permit AUFENTHALTSTITEL states that I can work only in IT in Germany, which is OK. But it mentions nothing about my CURRENT company.

Do I still have to get my visa changed from AE to BE (Beschäftigung Erlaubt)?

If not, then could I leave my wife here and travel to India to resign?

Thanks again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/07 3:27 PM as a reply to Aladdin.
About the company name not written in the AE is some kind of a confusion. Try searching past post regarding this. There some Trust7ites argued that eventhough the Visa Sticker does not have the company name it is still recorded in ABH. I am not aware of this as my Sticker had the company name on it.

You could still take a chance by not changing anything on your passport but changing the job.
OR
you could check with the ABH if this is ok.

Under all circumsances you need not take your wife to India. If you wish you could leave your wife in DE and then go to india and resign and come.

Regards
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/08 1:56 PM as a reply to Aladdin.
hello all
I am in the same situation as SanK
however my AE mentions the company name
I have been in Germany for about 8 months and i need to know
1. How to change from AE to BE and whether it is possible considering i have been here only for 8 months
2. What is market check
3. Do i need permission document from current co. to get visa transferred to new company name

Thanking you in advance. I look forward to your responses.

Regards,
PEGASUS
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3