Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

visa change during Mutterschaftsurlaub

Toggle
Dear All,

I am working in Germany and exact two years will be completed on 22nd May. From 24th my mutterschaftsurlaub is beginning.

I went to Auslanderbehoerden to submit my application to change my visa to BE. I knew that they will ask me to come back again, but i wanted to make sure that the documents I had where sufficient to change the visa.

The person told me that documents are ok but I need to come exactly after completing two years that is on 25th May and she would change my visa.

Now the question which is bothering me is:
will they really change my visa as my muttershaftsurlaub is beginning on the same day when I will go for visa change? Ofcourse the person told me she will change, but can they take such kind of objection?

I believe mutterschaftsurlaub is considered vacation and not employment break. Is it true?

Does anyone have any information on this?

Second question is about Elterngeld?
I am currently on abzatz 18 2. I read that person holding work visa on absatz 18 2 do not get elterngeld.

My husband as EG with absatz 18 4. Is true that I can have the same visa (EG) after completing 2 years on his basis? Will absatz 18 4 help me in getting elterngeld? do BE and EG visa have the same absatz(law)?

Any help on this will be highly appreciated?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: visa change during Mutterschaftsurlaub
Answer
5/13/09 2:14 PM as a reply to Heena Patel.
Regarding the Elterbgeld contact the respective office depending on your state.

http://www.bmfsfj.de/Kategorien/aktuelles,did=88966.html
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18