Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Tax class change ;-) after marriage

Toggle
Tax class change ;-) after marriage
Answer
10/25/05 3:34 PM
Hi All,
I’m quite new to this forum & this is my first post. I’m very glad to be a member of this wonderful forum.
I would like to know details about the tax class change after marriage. I used the search engine to know more about the theme. I could get over all idea concerning this topic.
I’m in a similar situation like DuPAc, dilbir...
I’ll be getting married this year (November) and my wife will be coming to de next year (May 2006).
Is my understanding right?

1) I will get tax benefits ONLY if my tax class changes after marriage (to class 3).
2) I can avail the tax class change ONLY after my wife is being registered here in Rathhaus.
3) Since I’ll be getting married this year. When I apply tax return for this year the whole year tax class will be considered as 3.
4) So I don’t need to change the tax class until December 31st to get tax benefit for this year.

Last but not the least; I would be very much grateful if someone (who had already dealt with a similar situation) could give me contact details of a tax consultant.
You may also contact me via a_m_s_k yahoo com
Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.
Wish you a nice week ahead!

MSK
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax class change ;-) after marriage
Answer
10/25/05 5:24 PM as a reply to Muthu Kumar.
Advance wishes!

Answers:
1.You always get benefits, but you pay lower taxes after changing ur tax class...so you get more Net Salary.

2.Yes, only after she joins you and you live in the same household.

3.No, the date she joins u in GER is important, not the date of marriage.

4. You cant change without your wife being here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 6:00 PM as a reply to Muthu Kumar.
Advance Wishes from me as well!

1) You will get the tax back later when you declare your tax at the end of the year. I got all my tax back later!

2)You should get your tax back when your wife joins you and you should declare in your tax returns, meaning you'll get your tax back as i did get!

3)As i said before, you get it from the date when you got married, even your tax card says still single, it'll be & should be calculated.

4)It's nothing to do with what is written in your tax card, the calculation starts when you got married and should be able to prove that.

It is my personal experience!!!

Last but not least, you don't need tax consultant, you can deal the things alone. Just get good friend of you translate orally what is in the tax returns form.

Good Luck!
Instructor.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 6:13 PM as a reply to Muthu Kumar.
3)As i said before, you get it from the date when you got married, even your tax card says still single, it'll be & should be calculated., no

4)It's nothing to do with what is written in your tax card, the calculation starts when you got married and should be able to prove that., the calculation starts when your wife is here and you get your class changed. Per law, a wife can be considered and counted in your tax, only if she is living with you, no matter how long you've been married. Go your Bürgeramt, on the desk where you get your Lohnsteuerkarte, there always a leaflet talking about that, just read it and you will see.

I know that because from the time I got married, to the time I changed my class, I had made 4 years of marriage (2 years before coming to Germany and then 2 years after which my wife came).

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 6:22 PM as a reply to Muthu Kumar.
Die Lohnsteuerkarten werden von den Gemeinden und nicht vom Finanzamt ausgestellt. Ein Wechsel der Steuerklasse muss daher auch bei der zuständigen Gemeinde schriftlich beantragt werden. Den Antrag muss man mit dem Ehepartner gemeinsam stellen, und er muss von beiden Ehepartnern unterschrieben werden. Die Lohnsteuerkarten müssen beigefügt werden.

Grundsätzlich kann die Steuerklasse nur einmal im Jahr - spätestens zum 30. November - geändert werden, bei berechtigtem Interesse aber auch mehrmals im Jahr. Ein Wechsel ist auch möglich, wenn ein Ehepartner seine Beschäftigung beendet oder verstirbt und wenn ein arbeitsloser Ehepartner wieder die Arbeit aufnimmt.
-----------------------------
In die Steuerklasse I gehören Arbeitnehmer, die ledig sind, verheiratet, verwitwet oder geschieden sind und bei denen die Voraussetzungen für die Steuerklasse III oder IV nicht erfüllt sind.

In die Steuerklasse III gehören Arbeitnehmer, die verheiratet sind, wenn beide Ehegatten unbeschränkt einkommensteuerpflichtig sind und nicht dauernd getrennt leben und der Ehegatte des Arbeitnehmers keinen Arbeitslohn bezieht oder der Ehegatte des Arbeitnehmers auf Antrag beider Ehegatten in die Steuerklasse V eingereiht wird, die verwitwet sind, wenn sie und ihr verstorbener Ehegatte im Zeitpunkt seines Todes unbeschränkt einkommensteuerpflichtig waren und in diesem Zeitpunkt nicht dauernd getrennt gelebt haben, für das Kalenderjahr, das dem Kalenderjahr folgt, in dem der Ehegatte verstorben ist, deren Ehe aufgelöst worden ist, wenn im Kalenderjahr der Auflösung der Ehe beide Ehegatten unbeschränkt einkommensteuerpflichtig waren und nicht dauernd getrennt gelebt haben und
der andere Ehegatte wieder geheiratet hat, von seinem neuen Ehegatten nicht dauernd getrennt lebt und er und sein neuer Ehegatte unbeschränkt einkommensteuerpflichtig sind, für das Kalenderjahr, in dem die Ehe aufgelöst worden ist.

In die Steuerklasse IV gehören Arbeitnehmer, die verheiratet sind, wenn beide Ehegatten unbeschränkt einkommensteuerpflichtig sind und nicht dauernd getrennt leben und der Ehegatte des Arbeitnehmers ebenfalls Arbeitslohn bezieht.

The secret key is nicht dauernd getrennt leben

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 6:56 PM as a reply to Muthu Kumar.
@Nobody,

Wanted to ask u on,
-- Whats happened to ur case ?

-- Did u find a new job ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 7:08 PM as a reply to Muthu Kumar.
@GCK2005,

you pbly missed this link ... ;)
http://www.trust7.com/en/forums/integration/new_job
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 10:03 PM as a reply to Muthu Kumar.
"no"

may be in my case something went really wrong. somehow i got my tax back! let me shut my mouth before someone come and take it back!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/05 3:22 AM as a reply to Muthu Kumar.
hi,
I got married in december 2002. In 2002,i paid,taxes as class 1. Then my wife joined in june 2003,&then applied for tax return for 2002 in nov 2003(with wife sign & relevent paper). I got tax return for whole 2002 as married one. One of my german friend told me, new marriage in december & sepration in january is supposed to be good emoticon

regard.

dilbir
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/05 2:21 PM as a reply to Muthu Kumar.
I would like to thank you all for your kind wishes and valuable replies. My points 1 and 2 are ok now, but points 3 & 4 are not so clear to me (50% say yes and 50% say no). In fact those two points will be of our keen interest.

@dilbir
Could you send me your Tax consultant’s contact details? It would be very much helpful to me. Here is my contact email address a_m_s_k yahoo com
Thanks in advance!

MSK
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3