Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Einbürgerung after 6 years in Germany

Toggle
Hello all,

After more than 6 years working and living continuously in Germany, I would like to apply for the German citizenship (I got already NE last year). I went recently to the Einburgerung Amt in Berlin to ask about such possibility, and they informed me that the Einburgurung is possible only after 7 years living in Germany, and that I need to enroll an integration course as well besides having a job and a minimum working years in Germany. I have the following questions asking for your help:

- Does it make sense to apply for the German citizenship now or I need to wait until I will accomplish 7 years in Germany ( it will be July next year), which will be a little bit too late for me as I am planning to relocate outside Germany starting mid-next year and I need the German pass ?
- Does it help to take a lawyer for the einburgerung process ( as I have also some allergy toward all the bureaucratic procedures :-))
- I am working as Freelancer (Freiberufler), is it an obstacle to the einburgurung, or a permanent job for the Einburgerung will be necessary (normally it should not be the case looking all the Steuer which I pay to the Finanzamt!!)? I have been working for 3 years as fixed employee and the rest as freelancer without interruption (meaning I didn´t benefit up to now from any Arbeitslosengelt).
- Regarding the required integration courses: I have already good level in German language, is it also required to enroll the complete 600 hours or only a test will be necessary? The rest of the integration courses, is there any hint how and where can I have them in Berlin?

I will really appreciate your help on these questions, and thanks you in advance for your help!

Regards
Mymood
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Einbürgerung after 6 years in Germany
Answer
8/19/07 3:42 AM as a reply to A. ek..
very good post...

I am thinking of calling VPMK and involving Frau Ponert.

I have a very similar situation at the moment.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/19/07 2:12 PM as a reply to A. ek..
Well law is specific:

8 years in Germany or 7 years and integration course

Of course, in both cases you need to have job, that you were all the time legally here, etc...

I do not understand why people always think that something with laywer will change. Laywers are there to support us in case if we do not know law but here case is clear.

You will need to make language exam and also to attend (if I am not wrong) 30h about legal system and some other things and of course that you are 7 years. You do not need whole 600h of integration course.

If you get that before 7th year in Germany I think that you can apply before but anyway you will not get passport before you have all 7 years here. Btw. probably to get passport will take even little longer (administration).

Check with laywers but I think that you will just spend your money for nothing.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/07 2:55 PM as a reply to A. ek..
Dracus,

I do not agree what you mentioned above. I had serious problems before regarding BE and Frau Ponert was very helpful and managed to get it done.

Einbürgerung is not only 8 years and 7 years with integration. There are ways to go around. It is not really important how difficult. As long as you get it at the end, you have your freedom to take off for anywhere.

Hope this clarifies...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/07 3:25 PM as a reply to A. ek..
Hi,
I am from Munich, also in a similar situation.
I just moved as freelancer from beginning of July 2007.
I will finish 8 years of stay(2years as student + 6 years work) by the beginning of Oct 2007.

I have contacted Einbürgerungsamt last week.
He said, I can apply for citizenship only after receiving my 2007 tax clearance (lohnsteuererklarung).i.e I will eligible to apply only around March/April 2008. emoticon

Greetings,
Jelda
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/07 5:48 PM as a reply to A. ek..
pwehrli,

I hope that you did not get me wrong. I wish you that everything fits how you want but I was more reffering to standard cases.

If you get some information please share with us emoticon.

In October I will be 7 years in Germany and I plan in beginning of next year to apply for passport so as soon as I have some information I will post here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/07 6:22 PM as a reply to A. ek..
Hi,

Since I'am very interested in this subject as well I had ran a search on this issue and got the following trust7 link:

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/integration/de_burgeschaft

Seemingly @Max could help us with more information further on.

Cheers
Krisztian
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3